Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nausea 3weeks post-op?

Hey sleevers,

I had my surgery on 08-11-2015. The first week and a half I had no problems with nausea just gas and pain/soreness. Going into 2-3 weeks and I'm constantly nauseated. food is evil to me now. Any kind of food is hard to eat. Everything tastes overly sweet especially that fake sugar garbage they tell you to consume. All the Protein shakes I was made to purchase are disgusting. It's one thing if I could just chug it down but now sine my stomach is so small I have to sip on it for over an hour? Nope.

So I know I'm not getting enough Protein. Tried to eat more protein in diet although I'm vegetarian so it takes a bit more and being able to handle different types of foods which I can't right now in this stage of recovery. I was on zofran but caused very bad Migraines. Then was put on Phenergan but pills was too chalky and made it worse to take, made me more nauseated. Tried to take some pepto bit started dry heaving and eventually threw that up. Finally got a rx patch for nausea and bought sea bands for acupressure.

They have helped but it is still hard to eat anything. The nausea kicks in high gear once I start to smell the food I'm about to eat. I've been living off triscuits, mashed potatoes, and cheese. I can't even handle broth or Soups for the most part.

I want to do better with my food but I'm in limbo. I drink plenty of ice Water so I'm not dehydrated. It's worse in the morning for some reason. I don't know if it'd because it has been a long time since my last meal?

I stopped my nexium after the surgery. I haven't had heartburn. It's all nausea but I started taking it again to see if it's some sort of reflux issue...but no such luck yet. I don't have any other symptoms so I know it's nothing serious from the procedure.

Has anyone else had this problem? How long did it last? How did you over come it? I'm at a loss. I was fine the first week then after that it's been a struggle. It's so weird.

HELP!!!

Sincerely,

Would rather be in pain then constant nausea.

Any chance you might be pregnant?

No, haven't been active for a while even before the surgery. I have fertility issues anyway.

The only thing that comes to mind since you can drink Water is, how about those Isopure ready to drink flavored drinks. They are of water consistency, meaning not thick like a shake. 40 gr of Protein, I, now at 9 mos out cut them in half with water. I have to drink them ice cold as well. But when I need to get protein in, this is my go to and I like the grape flavor. Hope it helps.

Yeah I think I messed up on the flavor I had its more melon than apple. I'll try diluting it that may help. Thank you.

Yes! I am having the same problem! My surgery was August 1. I've lost 27 pounds but have had nausea for over a week now. I, too, am on Zofran. The thought of food is not pleasant. Help!

I had adult Gummi Vitamins along with a Vitamin D Gummy but then they made me buy this Bariatric Advantage stuff that is chalky and huge. They have a Vitamin d chew..like a caramel but tastes weird. Wondering if I should just try my otc stuff for now until I can try the others again. Yeah I don't get it. It was out of no where this nausea after a period of time where everything was normal...smh

This is crazy. I'm feeling ok tonight. I have no clue why although I did eat a real half cup of chicken with rice. Maybe I need to eat more but then why do I feel fine when I wake up? My surgeon swears by the gummies or chewables. B12 is not absorbed in the stomach which is why you buy the sublingual type. Nature Made. It says sublingual on the bottle. 3000.

@@CelestialNyx

Hey a few weeks have past, how are you feeling now?

Hope your nausea is gone and your getting your Protein in.

LisaLou

I am feeling much better. My doctor prescribed Zofran but I figured out that is was the dose of Metformin I take for my type 2 diabetes. So we lowered the dose. No I'm not getting all of my Protein. Any suggestions?

I could not deal with the powdered Protein and adding it to foods. It was just too gross. I am drinking 1-2 11oz cartons of Premier Protein drink. It has 30 g protein in each 11 oz drink. It comes in vanilla, chocolate and strawberry. The chocolate is like chocolate milk. I sometimes put it in the freezer to get it mushy and it is good that way, too.

I get mine at Sam's Club. THey also carry it at Cosco. It is in some drug stores and health food stores, but more expensive in those places. I get a 12 pack for about $20 at Sams. Good luck and let me kknow if this helps you!

Edited by CynthiaAnn