Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Taking this hard!

So I've been faithful about what I have had to do after my surgery and I am down from 388lbs to 294lbs, and I'm ahead of my schedule, but I can't go back to the gym for at least 2 weeks, u injured my left shoulder at work Monday, I stretched my ligaments, I thought I could handle this but I've become very sad and grumpy that I can't go to the gym, now I understand why my fanatic gym rat friends used to get so upset when they missed the gym, and when I do go I have to start slow and light again, AAAAAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

#hatesedatenofun

I feel your pain, similar injury in yoga and all you can do is ice and rest and deal with the dull ache until it heals. It is frustrating.

Come on Mister Motivator, look for a bright side! Cardio will keep your weight loss going strong until you heal. Hope you get better soon! :)

Oh there are so many things you can still do such as legs, butt, abs and cardio! I injured my knee several times in the past and didn't allow myself to stop going. I just focused on arms, abs, and butt. You just have to modify your workout for a while, no worries! Just know your limitations and listen to your body. Walking is always great cardio!

I do cardio, and legs, but my big thing is weights, I'm trying to go bigger all the time, I don't like the "thin look" at all, I still want to be big, but not in an unhealthy way, I used to arm curl 95lbs, and I was back up to 60lbs when this happened, but I am still motivated, I guess this is just the way it feels when you get addicted to the Gym Rat Life..... Lol

@ wantingabetterlife: nice seeing you on here, motivating is only 50%, where's yours???? I'm behind you in this, so make me smile and send a pic of your new gym card as soon as you get it!!!!!!!!post-254362-14414069199267_thumb.jpg

When I first started mma and kick boxing, I injured my hip and back. Not sure if it was from break falls, or my job, which was lifting and moving heavy boxes all day. But I ended up sitting out a month from classes and you would have thought my life was over, I was so down about it. I'm back in now and barely remember it, but I know that feeling of missing out :( Get yourself back to good and then get back in it. The gym will be waiting for you.

@ wantingabetterlife: nice seeing you on here, motivating is only 50%, where's yours???? I'm behind you in this, so make me smile and send a pic of your new gym card as soon as you get it!!!!!!!!attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1441406918.941474.jpg

Such a hard a$$!!! I will, I will, I promise!