Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

I met with my NP yesterday. She checked my band and it is fine. No additional fill. I'm going to give up the fried food and up my exercise. She was very encouraging.

...and I am going to have the conversation with the NP next week to discuss having my first fill. I am struggling and have been for a while now.

When I talked to my therapist last night, she helped me realize that I'm hungry. It's not stress eating...it's not head hunger...it's real hunger. I ate dinner last night and as often happens, was hungry soon after. I had a hard boiled egg instead of crap (as she suggested) and it filled me up without the guilt.

All I know is that I'm not necessarily looking to get back down to 112 lbs. which was my lowest weight, but I'm finding myself in the 121-124 lb. range and that's just not acceptable.

I guess this means I won't be a 'fill virgin' for much longer... :rolleyes:

OK just wandering how your Halloween was this year , post those pictures if you dressed up or did you get to go to any parties , I missed out on some bands & being able to dance because I had to work but through FB & some other sites my friends posted their stuff so I could see & make me jealous because they know this is one of my favorite days of the year.

wasn't really in Halloween mood but managed to get something together, had a group of friends invite me to a get together .

post-141554-0-94585200-1446462828_thumb.jpg post-141554-0-94585200-1446462828_thumb.jpgkeep trying to post my picture just not good at it..

OK just wandering how your Halloween was this year , post those pictures if you dressed up or did you get to go to any parties , I missed out on some bands & being able to dance because I had to work but through FB & some other sites my friends posted their stuff so I could see & make me jealous because they know this is one of my favorite days of the year.

Didn't dress up but I always Celebrate Halloween as the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade passes by my building and I get a bird's eye view. I attached a picture from my living room window. I also attached a picture of myself taken earlier that day with a statue of Dante behind me. I know it's a bit of a stretch, but Dante's Inferno is sort of Halloween-ish, right? Hope you all had a fun day 'trick or treating'.

post-142630-0-15800800-1446474534_thumb.jpg

post-142630-0-65712800-1446474552_thumb.jpg

Hello one and all! Hope you're all doing well. I've gotten pretty bad about checking in here. I have a new position at work and seems to suck up any and all 'free' time I had. How dare these people expect me to work during a work day.

Anyway, all is good here and living life...

Hello one and all! Hope you're all doing well. I've gotten pretty bad about checking in here. I have a new position at work and seems to suck up any and all 'free' time I had. How dare these people expect me to work during a work day.

Anyway, all is good here and living life...

Hi Jim! Glad to see you again. Glad things are good.

OK friends...I'm getting a fill next Friday. I know this sounds silly but I feel a little like a failure for needing a fill after all this time. I'll get over it...just wanted you all to know what's going on in this dopey head of mine.

@@Jim1967 hi there! Hasn't this been the most amazing New England autumn in years and years? Glad to hear you are doing well.

@@gowalking I remember in my first weeks banded thinking I would be some one who would not require a fill because I felt the dimness of my appetite already. But of course that early on it was just the inflammation from the surgery, etc. But I get that quirky voice inside! You are doing great. Why be hungry when you have a way to shut that down.

In other news, today is my second year Bandaversary. I think I'll go write up a general post. Hard to believe, geesh. Time has gone by very quickly.

@@gowalking Come meet me and I'll give you a few slaps that will get you over it fast :P

You are SOOO not a failure! Wish that I could have done as well as you have even with all my fills I still struggle with myself!!

Wacko mind...hmmm maybe it's a NY thing...IDK. I still can't get my mind around my eating. Truth be told. I am working on it...as I am with so many other things.

I have read on here so many times nothing tastes as good as skinny feels and all I can say is HA!!! For me...give me the dam pumpkin pie because who cares about the skinny jeans?!

Maybe because I was thin as a kid...maybe because I don't hate myself the way I look...? I don't know what it is friends....but I am not so "motivated" to be skinny or to lose weight. Does that make me bad?

I love me...the only reason I find to lose weight or be less FAT is because it's not healthy. For my heart, for my lungs, or my joints. OK all that said...I would still rather eat what the hell I want to eat and when. Do I make healthier choices of food...yes I try to. Do I hate myself for eating "badly"? Nope.

For those of you that might drink...do you hate yourself for that one extra glass of what ever that gave you a headache the next day? Or did you have a great time?

Do you regret buying shoes, pants, shirts, or what ever you love in more than one color?

Is it all about losing weight....? Or is it about being the best "ME" I can be? No matter if that me is a size 2 or a size 14....?

Come on group...help me out with my brain twisting thoughts...and maybe that will help with my stress levels which is really what's eating me most of the time :)

OK friends...I'm getting a fill next Friday. I know this sounds silly but I feel a little like a failure for needing a fill after all this time. I'll get over it...just wanted you all to know what's going on in this dopey head of mine.

Hi Gowalking,

I just had a fill, my first in almost a year. I did have a slight unfill about a month ago and starting gaining a bit. You are definitely not a failure. Following up with your doctor's office means you are in charge. Good luck.

Greetings my fellow bandsters! It's Monday...oh what a fun day!! Liz how did the fill go?

This weekend I decided I needed a change, and though I would shake things up some. So I went to the salon and had my hair dyed red. It's not the first time...but it's been a while since I've had it red. This color...though is a new "trendy" color RED. It is very bright and vibrant. Needless to say it threw my hubs for a loop...and yes the first day it was reminding me a bit of a crayola crayon....but I'm growing to really love it.

I didn't get my nose pierced although I keep threatening to do so...you never know...it could happen :) I like the way it looks....but not so sure how I would like it on myself. Hubs tells me it's not "professional"...but OK what is that today anyway....? Do you think the old standards, of buttoned up no tattoos and no visible piercing besides ears for ladies is still the "norm" in professionalism? What do you think....?

post-146347-0-57372500-1447095549_thumb.jpg

post-146347-0-40817900-1447095560_thumb.jpg

Looks like hubs got over it.....:P

post-146347-0-28868200-1447095571_thumb.jpg