Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banders #7

In 2014 I flew to Italy at 250 pounds, eight weeks post op. It was my first flight without a seatbelt extender. Here is my seatbelt today flying to Atlanta to visit my daughter. ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487421739.047780.jpg

That is a fabulous feeling!!!
Normalcy is underrated.... until you do not have it. We are lucky to have a second chance at a good life.
Enjoy your slice of time with your daughter.
(I am just about underwater here on the california coast!). Hoping for clearer skies.... in all ways.

10 hours ago, Julie norton said:

That is a fabulous feeling!!!
Normalcy is underrated.... until you do not have it. We are lucky to have a second chance at a good life.
Enjoy your slice of time with your daughter.
(I am just about underwater here on the california coast!). Hoping for clearer skies.... in all ways.

So ladies...what is my tag line in my signature? Nothing tastes as good as normal feels. Those are not just words. Yes, I watch the scale but I don't freak out over a few pounds here and there as long as I don't let it get out of hand. As long as I can be and feel normal, that's what's important.

In 2014 I flew to Italy at 250 pounds, eight weeks post op. It was my first flight without a seatbelt extender. Here is my seatbelt today flying to Atlanta to visit my daughter. ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1487421739.047780.jpg.6c08feac0ff23c5bfef0c75af3083c95.jpg

Time flies I still remember when you was going to your trip to Italy and when you mention the extender !!

Will some people in this group please update how life is treating you? This is a long road..... and it is helpful to have a few that know how the years go on.
Spring is here ...liking the weather and flowers starting. Not liking the 5 lbs that dropped by....

Hi Julie. This is the only forum I check lately so I agree. I'd love to hear updates.

I'm doing very well. Settled in my new home and having guests over to visit every weekend. F ood wise I had t make some changes over the last few months. I had returned to tv eating. Bad habit. I gave that up two weeks ago and now I don't miss it anymore.

I also had to let go of cream in my c offee because I added up my Decaf habit calories and some days I was adding 600 calories just in half and half to my decaf. So black c offee going forward. It's been a month and I'm used to it now.

Salads. My love and my enemy. Have to be honest, the band lets me eat giant salads. So I'm cutting down on those and trying to cook more often with solid p rotein. Let my band do its job.

I've had such a flurry of activity the last few months with the divorce finalizing , moving, and buying a car that I'm not used to relaxing and enjoying life. I've taken a fresh attitude about my job (act as if I'm excited to go) and working more with my therapist on replacing old messages I've been hearing and tellling myself all my life. Somewhere along the line I learned I didn't deserve happiness or peace. That sounds absurd out loud, but awareness is only half the battle. Replacing those old tapes with positive ones and practicing self love and self care is a habit I must learn and nurture. It doesn't come naturally.

I can "do crisis" and "do chaos". Now I will learn how to "do peace" and ""do joy".

Hi July
Well I am trying to go back in basic with the band , yesterday I went to se my Bariatric Nutricinist and she remained me why I dis my band and give me a month band friendly diet ! I have to go back in a month and hopefully lost 10 pounds from the 35 I gained back after my Surgeries it is so great to feel to go back in track, I am confident that I will do it, [emoji2]

Hi Julie. Life goes on...I'm happy with my fella, my back is awful...need to see a surgeon for possible intervention. Work sucks, I've put on 12 lbs. Kids are good. Enjoying my grandson...and watching my intake and doing as good as I can. Could I do better? Yes. Am I living my life? Yes.

Oh, and this too is the only thread I really pay attention to. Hope you are all well. Sounds like so far, so good.

Liz

Checking in now and again is a good thing, this is the only thread I follow pretty much. I am doing good, having skin surgery in April to remove my apron. a little nervous but I think it will be so worth it. I have a significant other . started dating him 4 months ago. We are very happy together, we have a lot in common. Did not really think I would take that leap again . Husband died in 2015 and it was a long happy marriage 39 years. but life does go on and I am going to live it . My health is good, no issues with anything. I just had a cold but otherwise I'm good band wise. Hope everyone is doing well and continues on a good path.

Oh girls...things have gotten so much worse since I posted on Sunday. My back gave out on Wednesday. Like an old tire that just blew. I did see the surgeon yesterday as was scheduled but instead of being able to consider back surgery in the future, I'm faced with no choice but to undergo the procedure as I can barely walk at this point. There's nothing more can be done for me medically or otherwise and until I have the surgery on April 25th, which is his first opening, I'm almost completely bedbound.

I've been crying for days. All my plans are out the window. My trip to Scandinavia is at risk. I've been planning this for over a year...my trip of a lifetime...and I may very well have to cancel it. I won't be able to see my grandson or baby sit him as I'd planned. I likely won't be at his second birthday party. I won't be going to Atlanta with Corey as we had planned...or all the other things he and I have planned. I have to call HR first thing Monday morning to make sure I am protected at work while this is all going on. I had a great manager when my hips were done and he assured me that I should take the time I needed to get well. I don't have that manager anymore and I don't trust this one at all. I may have to work from home till this is all taken care of and she probably won't like that.

The good news is that the surgeon says this will work and I'll be better. The other good news is that I have a man who is with me for the long haul. All of a sudden he has a girlfriend who went from going and doing and keeping up with him to one who has become a burden. He says of course not but that's how I feel. Like I'm a burden and he's been saddled with damaged goods. I feel so guilty even though he tells me to stop and that he doesn't feel that way at all. I'm overwhelmed as you can probably tell....

I know you can't do anything for me but any encouragement at this point would be appreciated. I'm feeling very sorry for myself as you can imagine...but you girls have been through the ringer with me...as I've been with you and I feel like I can put it out there and you can help me see my way out.

Anyway, that's the story and I so hope things are going gangbusters for you all. Have a great Saturday and I'll 'talk' with you soon.

Liz

Oh my God Liz. What a wallop. Ok, first of all, BELIEVE COREY and stop second guessing him. That doesn't help anybody. Ok? Ok.

Second, FMLA and "reasonable accommodations" regulations protect you in the workplace. Don't be afraid to use that terminology when requesting a temporary work from home setup. They may not "like" it, but that's immaterial. They gotta do it.

Third, but really first, YOU ARE SO MUCH STRONGER THAN YOU FEEL AT THIS MOMENT. Allow yourself to feel the overwhelming feelings, but dose them out.

Forgive my French, but you are a f ucking inspiration to me and have been for the past three years. You've sown seeds of support and love and encouragement throughout this site. Guess what, lady? Time to harvest. Get back in touch (PM) the people important to you here that may have dropped away or who, like us, don't visit the boards as often as they used to. Round up your "army". Fill them in. You're going to have time to spend here so TAKE support for a change.

I know a lot about you from your posts even though we've never met. So I know that before your weight loss and miraculous life change, you were in misery and nearly immobile. This isn't the same. It's scary and feels like it could be the same, but you're in a whole different place. This is temporary. Your doctor says it's fixable. Wow wow wow! Hurray! So it's a sucky, sucky bump in the road but that's all it is.

YES you will travel to Scandinavia.

YES you will play with and babysit your grandchild.

YES you will go to Atlanta with Corey.

Maybe not on the dates you originally chose, but girl, I know you, and there's no way you're "cancelling" these things.

Sending love love love to you and I'll be checking in here daily.

HI all,
For the past couple days, l have been reading some wonderful and helpful posts on this thread. Seems to be a very nice bunch here. However, even though I have some of the same emotional battles as some here, I have not posted as I am planning on being sleeved. This thread showed up on trending, by the way. Sadly, I could not understand why a person who had just been banded and had some valid questions, would have been "nicely" requested to post somewhere else. She was banded. Hence "banders 7" and since just recently maybe had 100 plus to go. I would think it was a very nice compliment that someone thought enough of your posts to ask think you were just the ones that could help her. I had read more than 250 of your insightful posts (guess just nosy) but will no more. I'm sure I won't be missed since I'm only going to be sleeved. But if ever someone needs emotional support from me, I will be there, no matter what the title reads. Not being snarky, just food for thought.

HI all,
For the past couple days, l have been reading some wonderful and helpful posts on this thread. Seems to be a very nice bunch here. However, even though I have some of the same emotional battles as some here, I have not posted as I am planning on being sleeved. This thread showed up on trending, by the way. Sadly, I could not understand why a person who had just been banded and had some valid questions, would have been "nicely" requested to post somewhere else. She was banded. Hence "banders 7" and since just recently maybe had 100 plus to go. I would think it was a very nice compliment that someone thought enough of your posts to ask think you were just the ones that could help her. I had read more than 250 of your insightful posts (guess just nosy) but will no more. I'm sure I won't be missed since I'm only going to be sleeved. But if ever someone needs emotional support from me, I will be there, no matter what the title reads. Not being snarky, just food for thought.

Sissiegirl sorry you feel that way , all of us are in the same boat no matter what surgery we have we all struggle with almost the same things hopefully you continue reading our posts I am sure anyone will be glad to answer any question based on our experience, most of us have a few years banded take care and good luck with your surgery keep positive and strong is not a easy road buy keep reading the posts that will help you a lot .

Oh girls...things have gotten so much worse since I posted on Sunday. My back gave out on Wednesday. Like an old tire that just blew. I did see the surgeon yesterday as was scheduled but instead of being able to consider back surgery in the future, I'm faced with no choice but to undergo the procedure as I can barely walk at this point. There's nothing more can be done for me medically or otherwise and until I have the surgery on April 25th, which is his first opening, I'm almost completely bedbound.
I've been crying for days. All my plans are out the window. My trip to Scandinavia is at risk. I've been planning this for over a year...my trip of a lifetime...and I may very well have to cancel it. I won't be able to see my grandson or baby sit him as I'd planned. I likely won't be at his second birthday party. I won't be going to Atlanta with Corey as we had planned...or all the other things he and I have planned. I have to call HR first thing Monday morning to make sure I am protected at work while this is all going on. I had a great manager when my hips were done and he assured me that I should take the time I needed to get well. I don't have that manager anymore and I don't trust this one at all. I may have to work from home till this is all taken care of and she probably won't like that.
The good news is that the surgeon says this will work and I'll be better. The other good news is that I have a man who is with me for the long haul. All of a sudden he has a girlfriend who went from going and doing and keeping up with him to one who has become a burden. He says of course not but that's how I feel. Like I'm a burden and he's been saddled with damaged goods. I feel so guilty even though he tells me to stop and that he doesn't feel that way at all. I'm overwhelmed as you can probably tell....
I know you can't do anything for me but any encouragement at this point would be appreciated. I'm feeling very sorry for myself as you can imagine...but you girls have been through the ringer with me...as I've been with you and I feel like I can put it out there and you can help me see my way out.
Anyway, that's the story and I so hope things are going gangbusters for you all. Have a great Saturday and I'll 'talk' with you soon.
Liz

Hi Liz
Hopefully everything goes well with your back surgery, I had a neck surgery this past November and I am getting better dad a day , good luck and don't worry for the things that did not happen yet [emoji173]️[emoji173]️[emoji106][emoji106]