Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 6 months post op after having my surgery in Tijuana Mexico with A Lighter Me and Dr. Ortiz. I had surgery on Feb 27th, 2015. I weighed 207lbs. I now weigh 138lbs. That is a loss of 69lbs. I can't believe it. I will be honest though, the first couple weeks was ROUGH. I was so weak and so tired. I could not get enough liquids in and I couldn't eat very much at all. I came so close to having to get an i.v. with liquids just to get me hydrated. Then adjusting to eating real food was hard because I would always overeat out of habit and it would make me hurt and sometimes even throw up. I learned to eat slow and what my new portions looked like. I would truly say that after the 2 month mark everything gets much better. You feel back to normal and that was great for me. Now I have people saying I need to quit losing weight. As crazy as that sounds it feels insulting. But I am happy and now I enjoy shopping and wearing nice clothes again. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

Edited by sashamp

@@sashamp Sounds like your post-op experience was similar to mine and a lot of others on these boards. The first few days you are just focused on not dying. But then it becomes about adapting to your new stomach and learning to work with it. You have done amazing!

Sashamp,

I have a few questions......I'm getting the sleeve done 2 weeks from this Friday.

I have a wedding that i am going to 4 weeks from surgery date,

and i'm going to Disney World 8 weeks from surgery date.

Now i know everyone is different but if anyone could give me ideas of what to expect at the 1 month mark and 2 month mark...as far as weight loss during those times and how long it took you to advance from clear to solid liquids and to soft food and to eating A salad?

i am hoping to get some of this weight off by Disney time to at least making the walk at Disney a little easier and being able to /order/eat fruit or Salads while on vacation verses broth :rolleyes:

Thank you in advance

@@Dawny28 As you said, everyone is different. You will definitely lose some weight by week 8. I was down about 23 pounds at two months out? Some people are down 40-50 by then.

As for eating, I was allowed solid foods at 40 days post-op, but nothing crunchy until 3 months post-op. Again, every plan is different, so yo should definitely stick to your surgeon's/nutritionist's plan for you. I'm a full year out and I still can't eat raw vegetable without getting super burpy and uncomfortable. But I don't know of too many people on here who have that problem. So no salads for me ever again I don't think. fruit I was able to do pretty early on, but nothing with the skins on until I was further out.

For your time at Disney World, look for string cheese, those cups with cubed cheese and/or pepperoni, beef/turkey sticks, and yogurt. I haven't been to Disney post-op, but I have been to a couple of other amusement parks and they usually have those sorts of things available at their snack stands.

I am.going 11/19. I'm freaking a bit aa I'm going alone. My husband is.not happy about me doing this at all. So support is at zero. I would love someone to share my excitement and.fears with

@@Notsolilmama49 You've come to the right place! This site is great for venting and sharing and asking questions! Hopefully you can find all the support you need here. Feel free to send me a private message and I'll be happy to answer any questions I can.