Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have not lost a single pound!

Im getting a little worried I had my sleeve done wed August 26. I have not lost any weight. I see that people are losing 5-15 the first week. Nothing for me. I'm following my doctors dietary instructions to a tee. Now I am still quite bloated. I did have my lap band removed 2 months ago because of complications. So I was thinking maybe mines slower because my body is use to it. Just wanted to get some feed back. Thanks

In the hospital your iv is running fluids in you. You are probably just retaining the fluids.

You are still in the VERY beginning.. You still have to deal with ALL of the initial shock of a MAJOR surgery.

Two words:

Be patient!!

The weight loss WILL come!

It took me about a week after surgery to start seeing results. I was retaining all the Fluid the hospital put in my. That's since gone and I'm happy with what I'm seeing on the scale. Be patient, you'll see results soon too :-)

it's hard right now but you have to be patient. stay off the scale for a few days.......

It's a major surgery that causes you to retain Fluid, and it's common to gain. I gained the 10 pounds I lost with a 2 week liquid diet while in the hospital. It started coming off after a week or 2, and I ended up losing around 30 pounds the first month, but that was in the last part of the month. Try not to worry, it's normal

You just had surgery and are still full of IV fluids. It's hard to tell how many pounds of saline they pump into us. It will come off. Your stomach is also very swollen. You'll be surprised the day you look down and think hmm...I thought these incisions were up higher. Lol.

Edited by desertgirl_74

Just for a quick update! You were all right! I've now lost 12 pounds 10 days out. I feel great! Thank-you again for easing my mind. Love all the support.

Wow that's great! Good job.

Next challenge.....I had surgery August 24. After that initial hospital weight gain I started seeing 2-4 pounds fall off every day. THEN I started on full liquids. The weight is slower to come off. Like 1 pound every other day or so. That can mess with your head just a little.

It's hard at the beginning but if you stick to the plan it WILL come off.

scales can be the worst of times and the best of times ;)