Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pregnant 4 months post op.

So the main reason for me having the sleeve was to eventually get pregnant. We just didnt expect it so soon after the surgery. We have been trying for over 2 years and had not changed anything other than me losing weight of course. Im sure my surgeon wont be happy I go see him Friday as he told me to wait at least a year.

BUT so far everything is going fine except I feel tired after I eat ANYTHING just checking to see how everyone else manages post sleeve with pregnancy. Thankfully no morning sickness!!! And I am 2 months preggo and now officially 6 months post op.

Congratulations!! You're the third one that I read about getting preggo today! Makes me nervous I won't lie. I want to wait at least a year and a half before getting pregnant. Better restock my birth control huh?? :) Were you on birth control?

Not on birth control but honestly we fully expected that when we were ready we were going to have to use fertility drugs. I had done 2 rounds of fertility meds with no luck several months before surgery.

You are in a very similar boat as us. I got my surgery in May, 2015 and our ultrasound today shows a very healthy 7 week old fetus. I have lost 72 pounds since I started this journey. . and actually 4 since I found out we were pregnant. We were told that my husband couldn't have anymore, so we did not use birth control. Well. . . it appears my husband can have more. 3 boys. . . maybe this weight loss produces a girl. I am just hoping this doesn't slow down my progress. I am finding it very hard to keep up with drinking and eating.

Congrats! Things are getting better here but I tell you what I am starving all the time! Not gaining weight yet but I feel like I am eating like a pig????????

Just found out today that I'm pregnant. I have to call my surgeon tomorrow.. he's likely to be upset. I figure I'm about 6.5 weeks out. VSG surgery was on 07/13/2015. I'm scared.. nervous.. and anxious.

Yes definitely call them and let them know. I wish you the very best!

I was using protection and one night it disappeared so I took the morning after pill the next day. I was allergic to that pill. Broke out in hives and had a swollen neck and face. Anyhow, was expecting my period 2 weeks after pill and it never came. Waited 4 more days and tested positive for pregnancy. I was only 3 months post op when getting pregnant. It's a weird part of the journey cuz I was getting super hungry. Now I'm not hungry at all. I'm 7 weeks pregnant right now. Just hoping to make the best food choices I can. Sweets seem to be a mild craving and taste the best lol. Keeping that to one bite. Certain things sound good but then I get a couple bites in and have to give it to the dog lol. It's very strange. Have the Dr s given u ladies any tips on Vitamins? I'm just following my post op Vitamin regimen and haven't been to the ob yet

I was told to take an additional folic acid supplement on top of my prenatal Vitamin by my surgeon. Congratulations!!!

are any of you tired after you eat now? It doesn't matter what I eat I seem to feel so full after like 2-3 bites and then really sleepy. Sugar isn't going up as I have checked that as a cause.

I was told to stop taking my Multivitamin and take the prenatal with folic acid. I have lost about 6 pounds since I found out I was pregnant (almost 4 weeks ago now) I am not so much sick. . . just sticking to my normal diet and trying to add in a additional 300 calories. I'm not tired after I eat. . . but pretty much every other time!