Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone have the surgery date of August 27th?

HI everyone. I had my surgery on the 27th and wanted to share my journey and hear about your journey. Feeling better everyday. I had some gas and nausea the day of and after surgery. Still feel the gas, but not the nausea - thank god! I have no problems sleeping, walking or sipping Water. I have taken no meds since I have been home. Determined to not over do it, even though I feel good. I have wanted this so badly, so I am trying to stay positive mentally. But of course you hope that this process helps you be healthier long term and that the short term aches and pains are worth it. Have any of you driven yet? I want to, but I am going to make myself wait until Thursday - my one week anniversary. I am so grateful for this opportunity and can't wait to see what my future brings!

Yes, me! I haven't driven yet, but think I might if I keep feeling better tomorrow or Wednesday. Will have to wait and see.

I do NOT do well with anesthesia or antibiotics so I had dry heaves and vomiting all day Friday. The doctor ordered me back to the hospital for an IV and anti-naseous meds administered via IV. I felt better with more fluids, but the meds made no difference at all. They told me if it was the anesthesia causing the naseousness, that meds wouldn't help and we would just have to wait for my body to metabolise it. Sunday I felt sort of human again so if I can keep moving in this direction, all should be good. Even with taking Prilosec, still having the worst heartburn of my life. My right side is especially sore too.

Hi just checking in to see how you're doing? Nausea is the worst. I hope you're feeling better.Physically I feel a little bit better each day. I can move more freely but yesterday I did have some nausea. The Protein Shakes that tasted good before surgery now taste awful. I'm drinking plenty of Water and I try to increase my Protein every day. I go see the doctor tomorrow. I might drive tonight for the first time.

Agreed! It's getting a little bit better each day. I'm still sore on my right side, but this morning when I woke up it was like a big chunk of it disappeared over night. Very weird. Almost all of my nausea is gone and I think I may have had some actually minor hunger pains last night. I'm still trying to increase my fluids. I would consume about 120-150 ounces of liquid (unsweet iced tea or water) before surgery so even dropping back to 64 ounces feels dehydrating to me, but I find it difficult right now to get in more. I have a hard time with Protein shakes and know I need to get in Protein as the broth doesn't have enough. I tried them before surgery and had a very difficult time getting them down without throwing up so I haven't even attempted them yet. Maybe I'll work up the courage today!

Had my surgery on the 31st. Yesterday was rough. I was very nauseated and just didn't feel good. Today I woke up feeling a lot better after a good night's sleep. I am finally getting some liquids down and I'm going home today.

Cslove -it does get better every day. Just take it easy when you get home. Even though I felt pretty good really try not to overdo it. Congratulations

Dsart- if you weighed yourself yet? I haven't I'm waiting until my doctors appointment. I don't have a scale at home and I hope I can keep it that way. Have you tried the Carnation instant Breakfast packets? I don't taste too bad.

Yes - LOL! I weighed 251 the day of surgery. I weighed myself the day after surgery and went up to 254! Of course, I knew they pumped me FULL of fluids and I was swollen (still am, just not as bad) so I wasn't too surprised. I don't weigh myself every morning, so yesterday I was at 247. Not much of a drop, but my body needs to focus on healing now and it will come. At least it's going in the right direction :-)

Hi ladies! How are you doing? I had my first doctors appointment last Thursday was down 11.2 pounds and got a clean bill of health. I go back again in three weeks. Feeling more like myself every day. It's nice to be able to drive again and not have to take a nap every day.

Eating seems a little strange. Even though I can't eat much, it feels like I have to eat almost all day long to get my Protein in.. Still trying to figure out what my stomach is telling, what I'm eating bothering me, or is my stomach just a little gassy, or my eating too fast. It's almost always feels a little "rumbled" when I tried to eat .

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey T. I had my sleeve on the 28th in Australia so pretty close. I have my follow up appointment with the Dr tomorrow and I'm feeling great. Tummy wounds nearly all healed. Yesterday I was out and about most of the day. Had my GP check up, had my nails and eyebrows done, did a bit of shopping. Came home and napped for an hour! Had my first uninterrupted sleep last night. The anaesthetic plays havoc with sleeping patterns I've found. I've been on puree diet since 4 days post op and mostly it's been really good - only about 10 teaspoons of puree casserole for lunch and dinner. Having a shake with fruit and yogurt blended in for breakfast, or porridge. Tried scrambled eggs yesterday - 4 teaspoons and pain - so not yet I think! Great to have a place to compare notes! Yesterday I had lost 7.5kg which is about 16 pounds. That's since I started pre op diet 2 weeks before surgery.

My first post-op doctor's visit isn't until next Monday. I'm returning to work tomorrow and hoping it all goes good. I'm expecting that this week will be really tough as I'm still on all liquids. I weigh myself every day and am amazed at how my body is changing. Some days I lose 2 lbs in a day which is great, but then I worry that it's too much. Of course, another day I only lost a half pound so I guess it all evens out. I'm feeling pretty good most of the time. I had a dizzy spell last Thursday or Friday, but haven't had one since. I feel like I'm getting in a good amount of liquids, but I'm anxious to start taking a multi-Vitamin as I know it's impossible to with the liquid diet to get in all of the Vitamins and minerals my body needs.

Dsart - How was work? I am sure you will be tired, but will feel better everyday. My doctor had me start Vitamins a week after surgery. I take Flintstone gummies, plus Iron, B12, Calcium. I take the Flintstones everyday and rotate the others. My doctor said to weigh myself once a week. I am going to do that. In the past the numbers mess with my head.

Hi everyone my name is Becca and I am almost 6 months post surgery. I started my journey at 390lbs I was at 368lbs day of surgery and today I weigh 288lbs. I still have problem with nausea when I try to increase food so I am still at 3oz but it works for me. Overall my journey has been joyous and I have one bit of advice. Celebrate every little victory and those will not always be on the scale. Tying your shoe for the first time in years, crossing your legs, being able to go into a non-disability toilet stall and close the door without squishing yourself, etc! I am taking classes right now to become a health coach and will be happy to help in anyway I can.

Hey you guys! Today makes 18 days post-op for me....I'm still having a tough time with getting things down at this point. Not so much as being nauseous, but more pain as the liquids try to digest I guess? So far I'm 27lbs down. Me and the Protein Shakes are not getting along...lol. I hate em their gross. Any suggestions on ways to get Protein in besides shakes/powder?