Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

As of this week's weigh-in (Wednesday) I hit one of my major goals of 200 lbs lost since my highest weight.

Here are my stats:

HW: 491 (2.5 months prior to surgery)

SW: 422

CW: 290.5

Total loss: 200.5!!

I'm really exited to have hit this milestone. This month (and last month) has been my slowest rate of loss since surgery and it's been very frustrating for me (even though I'm thankfully not in a stall!), so it was good to make this goal this week! I'm still about 135 from my ultimate goal and my surgeon's ultimate goal for me. It's just crazy to think that I ORIGINALLY had about 335 lbs to lose and now I "only" (haha) have 135 to lose! It's been almost 11 months since my highest weight and I've come so far. It's mind-boggling to me.

So, I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I totally threw a party this weekend to Celebrate my accomplishment and invited all my friends/loved ones. I also happen to be moving (about an hour away) this week so I guess technically it was a farewell to my fat party and just a general farewell party! Haha.

Definitely something worth celebrating. This is the first proper party I've thrown since surgery, and it went really well. Just as an NSV I feel like parties have historically been very food-centric for me. Snacking the entire time, always going back for more. But this was different. I thought it would be tempting to keep snacking on small amounts and that I would over-eat, but I absolutely did not. This really is a new me!

Oh! And I made a really yummy cheesy riced cauliflower dish (made the recipe up myself) that everybody loved! So that's always a plus!

Edited by heynowkc

Congrats! That is such a huge turnaround in just 11 months. I'm glad you were able to have such a great celebration too.

I'm wishing you continued success! Even though your rate of loss is slowing down, just keep your head up and keep pushing through. Your body is probably in utter shock!

WOW! That is incredible!!!!!! Way to go girl and keep up the good work!!

Share your recipe! (And great job!!!!!)

Amazing!! Great job!!

Thanks everyone! It's been a true whirlwind!

You're in luck, everyone at the party was already asking about this, so I typed it up this morning. Here is the recipe, @@MarciaN :

KC's Cheesy Riced Cauliflower

2 T butter
1 med yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 large head cauliflower, grated
1/2 - 1 cup chicken broth
1/4 c milk
8 oz velveeta/easymelt/processed cheese, grated
1 T dried parsley flakes (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion & garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Saute for about 4 minutes or until onion is soft/translucent.
- Add cauliflower to the skillet and mix with the onion and garlic, (add more salt+pepper if desired) stirring about 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and cook for an additional 6 minutes or until cauliflower is soft and almost all of the liquid is evaporated/absorbed. (You can add more chicken broth if you have a particularly large head of cauliflower, which I did!)
- Add milk and stir.
- Begin adding shredded cheese a little at a time, stirring until melted. Add more as desired. (The actual amount will vary depending on your personal taste and how big your head of cauliflower is.)
- Add parsley flakes, stir and cook until any remaining liquid is cooked down (Should already be cooked down, but I think I added a little too much milk to mine!)
- Add to serving dish and enjoy.
(I grated the cauliflower with a regular cheese grater, but you can also use a food processor and pulse it -or use a grater attachment- if you want. Also, Green Giant has started selling bags of raw "cauliflower crumbles." I have seen them in the produce department at the Super Target.)
Nutrition info:
I plugged this into My Fitness Pal and calculated it for a half-cup serving (Roughly! I think my recipe made AT LEAST 8 cups so I calculated the recipe at 16 half-cup servings, this might not be exactly right) this is the nutrition info for 1/2 cup:
Calories 63, Fat 3g, Carbs 5g, Protein 4g

Edited by heynowkc

Awesome job, keep up the great work!!! Also thanks for the recipe, I will be trying that for sure.

@@heynowkc congratulations on your hard work and success! That is great that you threw a party to Celebrate - you deserve it. Thanks for being an inspiration to me and others - I know that last 135 will be off before you know it and you'll be at goal. Best of luck!

I've finally reached a point where this is on auto-pilot and I'm not really all that worried about weight loss/gain anymore. I had a few stalls but fortunately no weight gains that were significant (I have a 2-3 lb gain and loss every month as I ride the hormonal broomstick).

I got on a scale this morning and was shocked to discover I've dropped more weight. I sort of thought I was maintaining. :-)

Life is different. Life is good.

@@heynowkc

Congratulations on hitting your milestone!!

You must be well pleased to be having such success...

I'm hoping to hit the same milestone some time before Christmas...

Well done to you and keep up the fantastic work!!!

Kinda...

Congrats!! You rock it!

@@heynowkc

Congratulations! I am so happy for you and inspired by you. I have quite a bit to lose and an just starting to explore sleeve surgery.