Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good "inexpensive" protein powder?

Hi, I'm new to this forum. It's very informative and I'm grateful. I haven't been able to find suggestions for "inexpensive" Protein powders. I'm on disability and make very little income. Do any of you have some recommendations? If I am not supposed to ask this, please delete. Thank you.

@@HuskerShel Hello, I'm not sure what "cheap" means to you but if you have a SAMs you can get a 3lb container of the Premier Protein powder for @$30

There are 29 scoops so if you did one shake a day it could last a month. It's high in Protein compared to other brands too.

post-237766-0-97776100-1440975094_thumb.jpg

You can also try Amazon. I have found some good prices there too.

Syntrax powders can be affordable also, you just have to shop around for the best price.

Also check vitacost, they have good sales.

The quality of Protein you .need after surgery is going to cost. There really is no inexpensive option, and inexpensive is really retaliative.

Depending on how long it takes you to get to soft food. Soft baked fish, can be a real cost savings. You can do one shake a day and eat swai fillets several times a day. Swai is very affordable and you can get a 2lb bag at Walmart for under $12, and that will last a week.

Getting Protein in on a budget can happen, you just have to plan and shop around.

If you give a budget, people could be more helpful.

Body Fortress (at Kroger, Wal-Mart, Sam's), and Pure Protein (Target) are some of the most inexpensive protein powders I have seen and they tend to get good reviews from people who have tried them.

@HuskerShel There is an advertisement at the top of this forum page every time I view it ... that says some insurance companies pay for your Protein shakes .. you may want to check out that option ! :)

Best of luck to you !! :):):)

I have been wondering about the pure Protein, it meets the requirements my NUT gave. It's less then $20 at Walmart and I've seen coupons in the paper for it.

Hi everyone, thank you all for replying. I ended up buying Body Fortress to try it out for now. I'll try some others for variety. I need to keep remembering that I will be spending less on groceries and restaurants, so I will be able to buy Protein and healthy foods. It's just hard to "believe" it when you are just beginning. It's hard to plop down $30/40/50 or more to buy a Protein Drink. I'm looking forward to surgery the end of next week.

Blessings,

HuskerShel

if you like fruity ones my nut recomended cytomax you can get it on Amazon for like 40 bucks for 80 servings

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches