Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Toddlers and new Sleeve

How have you guys been doing who have toddlers? I have a 18 month old and was recently sleeved 8/25. I'm beginning to feel like my old self again. My toddler is constantly clinging to me and will cry ridiculously for my Protein shakes...lol It's hard to adjust family life and my new sleeve but we're getting there steadily. post-260600-14409589764526_thumb.jpg

What a sweet baby!

I was sleeved on 26 /8

Don't have much energy for anything so I salute you for your strength!

Just drinking and sleeping , I between short walks. Need to shower and haven't been able to do today.... I'll get there, I am sure!

I have a 3 year old and a 15 month old! I was sleeved in July and they are both always after my shakes. My 3 year old thinks its chocolate milk and my baby just wants whatever mommy has! It is an adjustment but sooner or later they start to loose interest! It just takes a while!! There are pluses and negatives to having small kids and doing this.... Negative you are tired a LOT but the biggest positive is you have a little kid so you are ALWAYS moving! That will help a lot and it will keep you on track more so because you have less time to miss the old things! Just hydrate the further you get from surgery the more you need all your fluids!! That is the one thing I struggled with and I would get really lightheaded and even passed out once... (My husband was home so it was okay but still) Good luck!!

I have a 3 year old and a 15 month old! I was sleeved in July and they are both always after my shakes. My 3 year old thinks its chocolate milk and my baby just wants whatever mommy has! It is an adjustment but sooner or later they start to loose interest! It just takes a while!! There are pluses and negatives to having small kids and doing this.... Negative you are tired a LOT but the biggest positive is you have a little kid so you are ALWAYS moving! That will help a lot and it will keep you on track more so because you have less time to miss the old things! Just hydrate the further you get from surgery the more you need all your fluids!! That is the one thing I struggled with and I would get really lightheaded and even passed out once... (My husband was home so it was okay but still) Good luck!!

You are absolutely right. I've been on my feet constantly and getting my liquids is hard, but I am trying. Thank you!!

OMG! I am locked in the bathroom as I type! Hiding from my 2yo trying to bathe! I was sleeved 8/24, thankfully he doesn't like my Protein Drinks, but he will drink up all my little med cups that I fill with Water on my nightstand! Plus he's big (40#) so I can't pick him up for quite sometime, thus my grandmother is here helping with him-but he hates her!! Lol I think he just doesn't like her when she has her dentures out ????. This is a fun house right now for sure...