Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm beginning to think they rig the scale at my gym ( well known but I won't snitch) I went to workout Thursday and the scale said 299lbs, but I weighed myself Monday on the hospital scale at my work and it said 294lbs ????? Hmmm......

And then the trainer approached me and made introductions "yadda yadda yadda" and I snapped and said " I was 388lbs in January and since my surgery on June 10th I've dropped to 294lbs, and today I'm doing bicep, tricep, legs and abs, and I'm starting to do core training also, so what else can you do for me???" I was left alone on Saturday at the gym .......... Like walking through a car lot on the day it's closed!!! Lmao

:) defiantly foul pay involved ;)

How long before I can exercise. I'm only a few days post-op. I know I got a ways to go but how long?

Glad you turned the tables on them! I still have a fear of the gym. One day I will get up the courage. :)

@

Well, you can go walking immediately. As for other stuff, you're going to have to ask your surgeon. Usually it's 6 weeks when they release you for full excerise.

MzAlice: I had the opportunity to go back to the gym 5 days after my surgery but with restrictions of treadmill and light circuit training for no more than 45 min, then on my third week follow up I got the green light to go all out, I'm back at 3x per week from 1hr30min - 2hrs and I lift heavy, but u need to ask your surgeon first, we are not qualified to tell you and we are all built different, good luck!!!

@ wanting a better life : look for a trainer on your own then pay them for a couple of sessions, learn to utilize all the machines and techniques by watching others, the gym looks intimidating but a lot of people there are very nice and willing to help, go for a low key gym, ask friends, don't go to a "pick up" gym you'll be unhappy, I'm very polite and mind my own business except once when I got tired of watching this kid take selfies and kept telling me to wait, so I kicked his water bottle across the floor.......

#theperilsoftestosteroneandweightloss lol

I have to get past the "intimidating" part for sure. I am just going to have to suck it up and dive in!

Nothing to suck up, I promise only. Handful of people at the gym have no insecurities,partly bodybuilders and cross fit addicts, but if you go to the right gym, you can and will be comfortable right away, I don't know where your from but I go to Freedom Fitness and they have separate areas for males and females, I'm actually very proud to go since people notice my weight loss and muscle gain, I have a hot wife so people know I'm not there to pick up anyone, you will be ok, it's about you not others!!!!!!!! I know you can do this, I can do anything after the gastric surgery, that was the hardest.

@@laguerr13 You need to work for a bariatric doctor! You are such a motivational person!

Lol I'm outta the gym for two weeks, I just hurt my shoulder at work, I'm motivated to my own MRI if this workman's comp thing turns sour.......