Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any young guys who have lost weight?

28 year old dude here, HW 347 CW 323 GW 200. I get sleeved in 16 days, and I'm on day 6 of 21 days preop liquid diet.

Looking for some inspiration, stories, NSV's, pictures! Anything to keep on my cell phone when cravings arise.

I appreciate it! Looking forward to wrestling my life back in order and getting over these food addictions and demons!

31 y/o, HW 314 (2013), final pre-op 286, surgery 266, current 239. I hope this pound-a-day business can keep up for at least another month, and then maybe settle at 3 lbs/wk for the rest of the year. Good luck!

I'm not a guy but my husband had the surgery in June. He started at 315 and is now down to almost 250. He's dropped a bunch of clothes sizes! He was wearing a 46 waist pant, and is now closer to a 40. Plus he's got a lot more energy and takes the kids for bike rides a few nights a week.

Not young anymore, I'm 47 and have lost 107Lbs since last Sept, 30lbs before surgery and the rest since 12/1/14. I imagine it will be easier the younger you are. I can tell you its been great for me, I wish I did it years before. Good luck with yours!

I have some pics before and after in my album.

I'm 28 and have about 100 pounds I'd like to lose. I have surgery in 10 days. I'm trying to use stories and before/after pics to keep me on track with this wretched preop diet LOL

27 years old, my surgery was on the 31st of August. For me, it was an easy process. Ive had almost 0 nausea and very little pain. Most of my pain so far was from the gas that stays in your body after the surgery. I weighted 358, after a week of liquids went down to 349. After surgery was 348 ( guess I had a pound of stomach pouch lol ) and its been 5 days and I weigh 336 now. I have good hours and bad ones. I still have cravings but as long as I keep drinking my Protein and Water I maintain full. Its been more of a mental struggle for me but Im hanging in there. Good luck with your surgery, I know its totally going to be worth it!

Crna, that pre-op is tough but it will end soon and you will lose a ton of weight on it. Between my two week pre-op and two week post-op, I lost 27 lbs. Plus you know you are helping to prepare your body for surgery. It'll be great! You will be so glad you did this! Be excited! :)

I'm really excited now! 3 days until I'm sleeved! And I've been doing well on my diet. I don't even crave food that much unless I'm actually hungry now. What an amazing concept lol

Wanted to update! I'm down to 200.6 pounds now! Planning on getting well into the 100's before I'm satisfied lol. Love this decision!

post-259838-14567087433854_thumb.jpg

Not young anymore, but feeling younger every day. I started at 349# on December 7, when I began the pre-surgery liquids diet. Surgery on December 28, 2015. Yesterday was 2 months post op, and I was at 291. 290 today.

Advice: Don't go into this thinking that it is easy. It really isn't the easy way out, that many have associated with weight loss surgery. It still takes a lot of work and determination, and the understanding that it is a complete lifestyle change. You decided to have this surgery because you want to be healthier, and be on this rock a little longer. Just remember why you made the decision!

Me: I have worked very hard at this. I power walk nearly every day, and I go to a gym at least 3 times a week. I keep a food journal and track every calorie that I consume. I went from a 52 waist to currently a 46 waist, and I am needing to drop down another size now. Every time I pick up a 50 pound bag of whatever, I remind myself that I was carrying that much plus some, around on my body. Some of the back, leg, and foot pain I was having at 349 pounds, has lessened quite a bit, and I look forward to seeing how my body reacts to the next 50 pounds of weight loss! At 349, I found a great deal of difficulty in most any task. The difference between pre-surgery and now is quite noticeable.

Good luck to you, I hope your surgery goes well!

I am 27. I started at 310 with a 51.1 BMI. I am 5 days post op and between pre op diet and post I'm already down to 283. I'm very excited to keep this going.

I'm 61. I started the pre-op diet on 10/13/15 and had surgery on 11/3/15. Down 94 pounds so far. As Craig said, it takes focus, work, and determination, but the procedure is a valuable tool to keep you on track.