Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

September 1st anyone?

If there's already a topic started for that date, if you could point me there that would be great. If not, here is one for Sept 1 peeps :) I'm nervous as all get out. All kinds of crap going through my head. I know if not for the before/after pics I see here and on FB I would have already backed out because of fear. I go from freaking out to super excited about what will be accomplished by the end of the year and by this time next year and how much better I will feel. I just am scared of complications from surgery and also scared of other health issues that may be going on that I don't know about or that may pop up and having a sleeve may further complicate them. I guess just the unknown. Hope to find some 9/1 buddies!

Mine isn't until 9/3 but I feel the same way.

I am Sept 4th nervous and excited.

I'm also Sept 1! I was 9:30 AM, but was moved to 12:30 PM. So, yay! Three days!

I'm 9/1 too. My surgery is at 7:30 am. Yes, I get to wake up - head to the hospital and get it done. Already looking towards getting home on Thursday.

Getting closer guys! Still freaking out. Had a pizza and ramen noodle food funeral tonight. Oh and brownies. I'm not required to do a pre-op diet other than clears the day before. I'm HOPING to do full liquids tomorrow and clears Monday since I ate so bad today. Smoking...wasn't a requirement to quit BUT going to do my best to before. I know I won't smoke after. Too scared to. How's everyone else doing?

I had a slight headache hoping tomorrow is better

I am doing good. I'm on day 14 of 15 total liquid diet. A week ago I would have been jealous of you POSE2VSG because of your non-diet requirements but not now. I think being on this diet is really going to help me post-surgery. Not to mention that it is a great jumpstart on losing weight.

It has been hard, but I've learned so much about myself; for instance, it is proof I can learn to not let food control my life. I know I would not be able to continue like this indefinitely - so it makes the surgery all that more welcome, in my mind.

Yeah I have a feeling I'm going to be a you know what during post op diet. I'm going to try my best not to be afterward though. I chose this and need to try and not take my aggravation out on anyone else in my household. 2 days to go! Still totally freaking about health stuff. I have spent so much time online researching the symptoms of this left side pain I've been having since November. Biggest fear is something being wrong with me and going through this surgery. I have GOT to give this to God and trust that I'm ok.

Okay, here's my exciting/crappy wrinkle for the day. I got up this morning and felt fine. I was doing some things, tidying the house, and I sat down on the bed to look at something, and suddenly it felt like someone grabbing my sides -- like a big stitch on either side, right at my ribs, in the middle of my back. And it got worse. I appear to have some big old intense muscle spasm in my back, making it hard to move. Of course, I'm off all my NSAIDS, and there's nothing to do for pain relief. I have put on a heating pad. If it continues, I am worried it will delay my surgery. *sigh*

Oh Trinn! That bites! Praying it goes away quickly! Keep us updated! I mentioned my left side pain earlier. We went out to eat my "last" meal tonight. Son of a gun I started hurting really badly. It's mostly passed now except for a slight nagging feeling like it usually is. I think it's related to gas somehow because I seem to be pass it more when the pain is worse. I'm going to ask what all bloodwork they run tomorrow at pre-op and see if they will throw in the pancreas bloodwork and then I'm going to ask the surgeon before on Tuesday morning about looking around inside before cutting just to put my mind at ease some.

OH! And I'm about to get my toes pretty and get all packed. We hit the road to New Orleans at 8 am sharp!

Edited by POSE2VSG

Tomorrow's the day!!!!!!!

Got my last sips of Water in! GO TEAM SEPTEMBER ONE!