Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell me about the recovery house for BariatricPal

If you stayed at one of the apartments for Bariatric Pal please tell me what to expect during my stay in September?

What was it like?

What did you do during your time for Rest?, food?, Entertainment?

My husband will be coming with me

Is there anything i should pack special? Or something you wished you would have packed

My wife and I just stayed there and we had a wonderfully relaxing time there. It was in a great neighborhood that was convenient to everything you need, within walking distance, and it was huge too. You have plenty of room, the beds are SUPER comfortable, internet WIFI, cable, and an awesome walk in shower so you won't have to worry about post surgery soreness when bathing.

Dr. A, David, German, Robert(s) and Henry will take care of all your needs and will constantly check up on you personally. No worries!

My husband and I stayed in the recovery house when I had my surgery in June. We really enjoyed our experience there. The rooms are nice and Juan is amazing! He took good care of me and encouraged me to walk. Every evening was like hanging out with friends. We would sit outside and all talk and socialize. The most important for me was that they took great care of my husband while I was in the hospital. The BP staff would take him wherever he needed to go. After we were dropped off at the airport my husband said "we need to start planning your plastic surgery next summer, cause I am ready to go back!" Lol

The recovery condo is great. It is relaxing, comfortable, and pleasant. The staff is very accommodating. The star of the show @ the condo is Juanito. Expect to go for walks, see the sites, and hang out and socialize (like maggie409 said).

I had a great time.

I am going back in a year just to visit the folks there and I think some others are planning the same as well.

Mike

Hi Dawny28,

I believe that our members are the best source because of their first-hand experience with the Staff here in Tijuana. They will be able to give tips on what to do and where to go.

So I decided to stay at the grand hotel instead of the recovery house and that is the only decision I regret.

The hotel was dirty it was very loud in the evening and I could not sleep. The bed was so close to the ground and so hard I had to roll off and get on all fours to try to get up. I didn't feel comfortable staying in a house with other people but when I went there to sign my paperwork I wish I would've stayed there it would've made the whole experience better.

Here is the truth about the Grand Hotel, it is absolutely awesome they have two Medical Tourism floors there and they are beautiful rooms I had one on the 11th and the 12th floor. There is no noise and the rooms are spotless. The people there will do anything to help you, they are awesome. Yes I can say I missed being with those at the recovery house but you don't have your own washroom there, and I really needed my own washroom. Also I had used one of the restrooms(the one with the walk in shower) and the toilet moved!! There is only air conditioning in your room and while I was there they were having a heat wave and I didn't want to be stuck just in the bedroom all day. There is a communal living room. Hope this helps.

I was planning on staying on that floor in the Grande Hotel. When I arrived I waited an hour for them to tell me that they oversold the hotel and they put me in the old tower that had not been remodeled yet. There were a bunch of other women from different companies that were in the same situation as I was.

I have to say I was very disappointed because floor 11 which is the medical floor was beautiful. It was all white and redone with marble and modern finishes. If you Are planning on staying at that hotel I would make sure you call in advance to make sure that you do have a room on the newly renovated medical floor.

I liked it because it felt more like a home and the BP office was right next door. We stayed one night in the recovery house and on night in the hotel (Hubby is more of a hotel kinda person) both were equally nice just with two different vibes.