Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing my previous Deposit and Switching to Bariatric Pal

So after much thought, I'm giving up my deposit at WLA and switching to Bariatric Pal for the gastric sleeve. I was scheduled November 16, 2015, so I'm really hoping I can get that date still since my airfare has already been purchased. It really suck losing that deposit, but knowing I'm going to have a better experience in the long run will ultimately be worth it. I'll just have to work a few extra shifts.

I'm really looking forward to some support in this journey. I didn't get much at the other place. It was like I had the plague.

I'm 42 (will be 43 Sept. 1) and I have 8 kids total, 4 whom I gave birth too. I'm happily married to a very hard working man. I'm a nurse and love every single minute of it.

It took a lot of thought to make this change, so really hoping its a much more positive experience!!

Looking forward to meeting some people on the same journey.

Lisa

You will not regret switching to Bariatric Pal. They take incredible care of you and you never feel alone for a min. I am sure they will do everything they can to accommodate you date wise. My friend and I only waited 3-4 weeks for our surgeries once the decision was made. Which Dr are you using? We used Dr Lopez and were very happy with him. They will have you up in no time and walking round Tijuana like a mini vacation.

Mountaingal, I have picked Dr. Lopez as well. I was hoping since it was scheduled for November it wouldn't be too hard to get the date I wanted. Really crossing my fingers.

I am not in charge of his scheduling but I have just about no doubt you can get the date you want in Nov this far in advance. He is very warm and caring and so is his staff. All but one spoke English and she (new employee) was going to school to learn English. I had NO pain whatsoever. You will be up and walking before you leave the clinic! Every word Bariatric Pal says in the their info turned out to be true.

I was surprised Dr. Lopez answered me by e-mail to my questions and my health questionnaire. Unlike that "other" site, where you had no clue who was really looking at it. Now I'm just waiting to find out how I make a deposit to make sure I get my date.

It's very reassuring that you have had a great experience with him.

Can I be nosey and ask how you have been doing on your journey?

Dr Lopez called me within 1/2 hr of my initial inquiry. You can pay the deposit right through Bariatric Pal , You will also hear from Dr T who I think is an internal medicine Dr and reviews your health questionnaire. I know they are expecting or already have a new nutritionist. All your questions will be answered post haste. They will pick you up at the airport, get you back there and spoil you in between. The ice pops in Mexico are great and so is the liquid yogurt. Much nicer than ours. We you go back to recovery house from the surgical clinic you will have the best broth you have tasted.Had surgery approx a month after the initial contact. Did a two week pre-surgical diet.

I am sure anyone at Bariatric Pall will talk to you any time you have a question including Dr Lopez. He is so nice, makes you feel right at ease. Have you looked up his FB page?

I had surgery on July 17th and came home on the 21st. Two nights at the clinic and two at the recovery house. Since I got in late on the 16th I spent that night at the recovery house as well. So I guess that makes me almost 6 weeks post surgery.

Anything else I can help you with just ask away,

I dumped the place I had originally booked my surgery at, but I complained LOUDLY about their abysmal customer service and they gave me my deposit back. I felt ill cancelling as I had spent months mentally and emotionally preparing, but my prayers to get into a fantastic place with excellent follow up and a stellar, professional reputation were answered! Not only that, they got me in 2 days EARLIER than my cancelled date at the other place, and that was with only 4 weeks notice.

You will be happy you made your decision when your surgery turns out AMAZING, as mine did.

Your gut is always right...!

To get your deposit back from WLA is simple. You need to call your CC company or bank and do a "back charge". Then you tell them three key phrases. One, "It is an international transaction for a service". Two, and you must also say, "card not present". Three, "service not rendered".

The document that WLA had you signed and send constitutes wire fraud and is not PCI compliant. Your CC company will give you your money back. Go get'em!!!

Edited by watchoutinmexico

watchoutinmexico, I'm going to give that a try this morning. That would be amazing if works!! Then I could make my deposit with my new surgeon.

Moutaingirl,thank you for all your responses!!

Hi! This is my first post on any of the forums. I am scheduled with Dr. Lopez for January 2016. Dr. Lopez contacted me by email with 24hr of my initial inquiry. He was very kind and informative! My coordinator with bariatricpal is awesome as well. I have general anxiety disorder, so I ask tons of questions and email him every other day basically lol, but he is always nice and answers all my questions without pause or complaint. I had to schedule for January 2016 due to my funds to pay not being available till then, but they were very understanding and went ahead and scheduled my surgery even though it is for next year. My experience so far with bariatricpal has been outstanding. I look forward to hearing more about your journey with Dr. Lopez. Keep me updated please! :)

I will keep you in the loop for sure.