Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today is the day!! I have struggled for 13 years, I have prayed and prayed for God to help me and I believe that the sleeve has been His answer. Thank you everyone for all of your vulnerability on this site. I have learned more from you than from anyone. What an answer to prayer this has been. No nerves yet, just pure excitement. Talk to you on the other side! ????????????????????????

Me too!

Congratulations to you both!!!! Please let us know how you're doing.

I think I'm waiting for blood work to come back. But in any case, at the hospital waiting.

Well I am back home, I cannot believe that it has finally come and I got approved, have an excellent surgeon and I feel a lot better than yesterday. I am having a very hard time getting my liquids in. They make me nauseous but I am trying. Hopefully tomorrow it will be easier.

I'm still in the hospital. A 2 day hospital stay plus 2 days at the recovery house was included in the Mexico package through Bariatric Pal. I'm up moving, sore, the only pain is when I burp or hiccup.

Well I am back home, I cannot believe that it has finally come and I got approved, have an excellent surgeon and I feel a lot better than yesterday. I am having a very hard time getting my liquids in. They make me nauseous but I am trying. Hopefully tomorrow it will be easier.

I'm glad you feel better than yesterday. Those fluids are nearly impossible to get in right after surgery. It will get a little easier each day. Keep your chin up!

I'm still in the hospital. A 2 day hospital stay plus 2 days at the recovery house was included in the Mexico package through Bariatric Pal. I'm up moving, sore, the only pain is when I burp or hiccup.

That's great your pain is really under control!!

So I am still vet nauseous, wondering if anyone can tell me when that goes away? Every single time I drink 1 ounce I feel like I could throw it back up again. I have yet to actually get sick but I am very close to it all the time. Does it usually go away by day 5 or so?

@@njmomof4kidz I am so sorry you're struggling with nausea. Ugh! I took anti-nausea meds my doctor prescribed. If I were you, I'd call my surgeon and ask for a med to be called into my pharmacy. It's important you feel as good as possible so that you can get in all your fluids AND feel well enough to walk, walk, walk. I hope I don't sound bossy... :( It's just what I would personally do. I hope you feel better!!

Thank you! My hubby called the dr and she ordered me meds for the nausea. I have been taking that. Still so hard to get anything in me without feeling like I may throw it up, but today is better than yesterday. As long as this is normal than I am ok. Love this site, it has helped me so much!!!!!

Thank you! My hubby called the dr and she ordered me meds for the nausea. I have been taking that. Still so hard to get anything in me without feeling like I may throw it up, but today is better than yesterday. As long as this is normal than I am ok. Love this site, it has helped me so much!!!!!

Yay!!!! I'm so glad the anti nausea meds are helping. I hope you continue to feel better! :)

Yay!!!! I'm so glad the anti nausea meds are helping. I hope you continue to feel better! :)
@mini-me007 I am wondering if you had the sleeve, did you feel pressure/pain like a gas bubble or the need to burp every single time you drank even 1 ounce? I am wondering if it is normal. My biggest complaint so far is that only once ounce is kinda painful still, I tried all day not to take my pain pills due to Constipation but by the evening I really needed them and felt so much better. Today is day 4 day post op (surgery Monday, today is Friday) let me know if you had any similar experiences. Thank you!!!

@mini-me007 I am wondering if you had the sleeve, did you feel pressure/pain like a gas bubble or the need to burp every single time you drank even 1 ounce? I am wondering if it is normal. My biggest complaint so far is that only once ounce is kinda painful still, I tried all day not to take my pain pills due to Constipation but by the evening I really needed them and felt so much better. Today is day 4 day post op (surgery Monday, today is Friday) let me know if you had any similar experiences. Thank you!!!

I'm sorry you're still having trouble with the pain. Ugh. :(

The pain/pressure I've had since I was sleeved hasn't been like yours, however, I've seen other people here on the forums talk about experiencing what you are experiencing. Everything inside your abdomen is really swollen right now because of the surgery (especially your tummy) and the gas they pumped in there to do the surgery. All of that being said, if you're worried, definitely call your surgeon. Better to be on the safe side, plus I'm sure it will ease your mind.

Let us know how you're doing!

I was sleeved about 15 hours ago. It's the middle of the night and they keep waking me for more BP checks, more antibiotics, more IV drugs. The Water feels like concrete going down but I'm getting it down. Shoulder tip pain bad at times. Can't wait to get

Moving more tomorrow!! But it's the first day of the rest of my life so I'm happy????