Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How NUMB are you post plastics?

I just had my one year follow up appointment for my lower body lift and brachioplasty. I still have significant numbness that's fairly widespread, and I think it's going to be permanent. I am pretty numb from mid-waist to just below the incision in the front, my lateral thighs are numb half way to my knees, and most of my butt is numb. I have some numbness on my arms, but it's closer to the incision line. She said while it could improve, usually at one year, what you have is what you get. She also said most people don't have it that extreme, but some do. I just wondered what others experienced?

I am 1 year and 2 days post-op from my first plastic surgery which was a breast lift and augment and an abdominoplasty. I am still totally numb from just below the incision to a little above my belly button, which is roughly 5 inches (ish). I am about 9 months post op on my brachioplasty, and I don't have any numbness around those incision lines. My posterior body lift and auto augment and groin incision inner thigh lift were in March, so I am about 5 months post-op on those. My thighs are not numb at all but my back has roughly the same area of numbness as my stomach. Basically, there is about a 5-6 inch belt around me that is still completely numb although only the front part is at the year point.

2 years in October. I haVE some numbness between belly button and LBL and close to the srarline in back. Zero numbness in breast, arms or thighs.

I have less numbness on belly then I did a year ago.... Dr Sauceda tells people to give it two years.

@@CowgirlJane said

This is my fear about getting facework... a bit of numbness around the belly button is no problem but i worry about it for the face.

@@CowgirlJane

condensed version i wrote before - just for you :rolleyes:

anyone else interested too :)

there are horror stories you read about movie stars/face lifts

and as both of us said TT problem could be "covered" up

this was the main reason i was scared (maybe) you too???

if bad results face lift you are STUCK with

if surgery didn't go well :o

i would buy a million+ paper bags to put over my face :D

my experience below - covering my asssss - we are all different :rolleyes:

after surgery, many areas were numb :blink:

doc assured me that most of the numbness would "gradually" go away

he was right

a doc being right??

go figure ;)

i still have a couple of "small small small" numb areas near the neck on each side (down low)

doc says they should/"might" go away

but its such a small area of numbness, not worried about it :rolleyes:

as others said, a little numbness is worth having plastics

as with my success with the sleeve - i would have face lift again in a minute

satisfied/happy customer :rolleyes:

good luck

kathy

Having had a few plastic surgeries in my life, my experience is that you trade some numbness.... Permanently... For loss of skin.

20 years ago I decided, with my mothers urging, to have a neck lift at the age of 40. Well. Ouch. Happy with results, but still light numbness under my chin and a bit on my neck .

My latest adventure in march (TT) left me with an area of numbness below my belly button in about a 4-5 inch area. Once again , ouch for the first 10 days..

Totally happy with results. Seems as if everything in life has its trade offs ... I found the numbness a very slight issue compared to the results..

Yes I would do it all all over again ⭐️

I'm only two months out from TT breast lift/aug and brachioplasty.

No arm numbness.

Huge strip at my belly is numb.

Still no nipple sensation, THOUGH, my doc checked the first day post op and I did have sensation there, so he says that's a pretty good sign that it will return when things are all said and done.

I'd totally do it again even if it never comes back.

I had wrist surgery in January and again in February and that wrist is still numb as well.

Thanks for the responses. I just wondered if I was abnormal, and apparently not too much. I agree, I would trade the numbness for the results!

This is my fear about getting facework... a bit of numbness around the belly button is no problem but i worry about it for the face.

@@CowgirlJane said

@@CowgirlJane

after surgery, many areas were numb :blink:

doc assured me that most of the numbness would "gradually" go away

he was right

a doc being right??

go figure ;)

i still have a couple of "small small small" numb areas near the neck on each side (down low)

doc says they should/"might" go away

but its such a small area of numbness, not worried about it :rolleyes:

as others said, a little numbness is worth having plastics

as with my success with the sleeve - i would have face lift again in a minute

satisfied/happy customer :rolleyes:

good luck

kathy

I had my LBL in January, and I do still feel numbness. Its weird....I tend to feel like my underwear is falling down, but it isn't - its just the sensation of the fabric rubbing against the numb parts. I kept checking and tugging for a while there, until I finally trusted what I was feeling! A little awkward.....

I had both of my knees replaced in 2009, and my knees were numb to sensation and temperature for years afterward. I'm actually not sure if the numbness 100% goes away, or if your body just adjusts to this new normal until it feels....normal to you. Odd phenomenon, in my opinion.

So, I don't worry about the numbness, since I have my previous experiences to draw upon. This too shall pass....

I am 4 years post-plastics and have VERY little numbness now. It definitely took well over a year for me to get sensation back in my abdomen and upper pubic region. Probably more like over two years really. But, now, at 4 years, very little numbness and no more phantom itching.

I am 4 years post-plastics and have VERY little numbness now. It definitely took well over a year for me to get sensation back in my abdomen and upper pubic region. Probably more like over two years really. But, now, at 4 years, very little numbness and no more phantom itching.

Thanks that's good to know! Oh the phantom itchiness!!! Just started that!

@@JamieLogical that's great to know! I sure hope I continue to improve, too. The itching is insane! I went around for the first six months smacking my left hip/butt because the itching made me crazy. It's numb, so scratching doesn't do it, but for some reason, hitting it helped. I really had to resist the urge to do it at work, lol. Once in a while, I still get it in that one spot. Thanks for your response.

@@JamieLogical that's great to know! I sure hope I continue to improve, too. The itching is insane! I went around for the first six months smacking my left hip/butt because the itching made me crazy. It's numb, so scratching doesn't do it, but for some reason, hitting it helped. I really had to resist the urge to do it at work, lol. Once in a while, I still get it in that one spot. Thanks for your response.

That gave me a chuckle …imagine everyone talking about you slapping your butt at work! ????

Im almost 3 weeks out. Of a body lift and i dont feel numbness at all anywhere... is that normal?? My abdomen does feel kinda streches but i feel everything..