Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It was very interesting. I probably failed. We shall see. I don't know why, but I got very nervous in there. It was like a flashback to my interviews with my caseworker as a kid before being tossed somewhere and I was so nervous that the random sh!t filter apparently broke. He handed me the famous questionnaire and I accidentally referred to it as "the crazy test" to which he gave me the stern "we call it a personality profile quiz". ????. I think it was somewhere around feeling like I was being accused of faking my age because I said 38 and he wrote down 28 and then asked me how old I was when our oldest child was born to which I said 24 and he said that didn't add up. Added up perfectly to me from 38 even though he thought 28. Feel like the whole thing just went down in flames. :( I'll be surprised if it doesn't end in a referral for mental health care before I can proceed.

After reading lots of your posts I have no doubt you will get there no matter what it takes. sorry the eval was so hard for you.

Sounds like he's the one with the personality issue.

Don't lose any sleep over it. They are just making sure you don't have bulimia or some other issue like that. I don't even think they deny someone who has unrealistic expectations regarding the surgery. Lord knows, I've seen plenty of people on this site who think the weight is going to magically fall off.

Good points go walking. I had a friend that was turned to due to lack of adequate care for her bi-polar. That said they would reconsider her if she pursued some counseling.

Oh no! Don't worry too much, psychiatrists see everything under the sun. I doubt you'll have a problem.

Hang in there! Sounds like he takes himself a little too seriously! There are lots of awesome psychs out there, but there sure are a few who shouldn't be practicing! If he turns you down, tell your doc what happened and go see someone else!

My evaluator, needed psych care herself! Don't sweat it I'm sure you did fine.

@@Sajijoma ... you probably didn't mean it that way, but I actually grinned reading your post. I think you'll be fine.

Yeah, it's hard feeling judged.

Thanks for the word of encouragement it was definitely stressful to me. The questionnaire left me feeling a bit insulted too because it would ask a few normal questions then throw in something like "are you lying during the questionnaire?" Or repeating the same questions over and over. I know they are trying to "weed those people out" but I dunno, I don't think too much of the whole process and for $300 I could have done something a lot more useful to reaching my goal like bought a cheap bike or something. In hindsight, probably wasn't as bad as I imagine it was, but ugh, I felt like crap all night just playing it over and over again! But haven't slipped. I'm getting up right now 6:00am for my morning walk before NUT appt #2 so I'm almost done! 45 days til we submit.

The questionare I took was a bogus ordeal. Even my psychiatrist said so.

She, on the other hand, was super.

It's just another hurdle that you'll cross and then be on your way. Keep your eye on the prize.

I felt better after I talked to my NUT today. We have a really good open friendship thing going on right now and she told me not to worry about him and that basically he's just an arrogant A-hole who power trips on feeling superior to people. She said he'll be approving for sure. She said basically if he doesn't approve someone he better be able to prove a good enough reason, because that's his job to get people qualified. She got a big kick out of me retelling her the tale though. I feel better too! :) and in good news, I'm officially down a total of 22lbs! :) so I am good with that! :)

It was very interesting. I probably failed. We shall see. I don't know why, but I got very nervous in there. It was like a flashback to my interviews with my caseworker as a kid before being tossed somewhere and I was so nervous that the random **** filter apparently broke. He handed me the famous questionnaire and I accidentally referred to it as "the crazy test" to which he gave me the stern "we call it a personality profile quiz". . I think it was somewhere around feeling like I was being accused of faking my age because I said 38 and he wrote down 28 and then asked me how old I was when our oldest child was born to which I said 24 and he said that didn't add up. Added up perfectly to me from 38 even though he thought 28. Feel like the whole thing just went down in flames. :( I'll be surprised if it doesn't end in a referral for mental health care before I can proceed.

I actually giggled reading your post because I really don't think he was paying attention to you lol. I wouldn't worry. The NUT is required to see if you have body dysmorphic disorder, BDD, or any form of eating disorders. I think sometimes, they make people feel intimidated because they are watching your body language and your responses to their questions. I am surprised that they were having you fill out questionnaires, usually its just a Q&A. How many appointments do you have to go to? I have seen quite a few people on many of the forums that have to go to 3! I only had to go to 1 appt with my band and passed with flying colors and I will only have to go to 1 appt with my revision to bypass in October. Just remember to express why you want the surgery in the first place, and what your coping mechanisms will be, and who will be your support system, and what you will do to change your behaviors. That's usually all they want to know. Best of luck to you! :)

It's not "just Q&A" at my program. Patients take 3 different written tests -- for a total of 600 items. Takes at least 2 hours.

Then an hour-long interview.