Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! - Wanting to eat normal again !

Hi thirties!

This week will be 4 weeks post op and since my surgery I have lost 14kg. Just want to know is there anyone else out there that is 4 weeks post op and how they are going with weight loss and wanting to eat normal !!!

What do you mean by "eating normal"?

Thanks. I thought you might be jonesing for fries and cheeseburgers. ;)

Well, you can surely have real food pretty soon, eh? The key to moving successfully to "real food" is to try things you've never tried post-op one new food at a time.

You know the rules -- hit your minimum Protein requirements, eat Protein first, drink 64 ounces of Water / liquids daily, then add over the next few months (as your stomach continues to heal and your tummy volume/restriction permits) some healthy veggies, then some fruits, then some whole grains.

As your calories go up, your protein levels will probably (and should) increase.

Re salads, those certainly weren't the first veggies I could handle. But your mileage may differ.

I too missed salads early on. They will come,

Once I was given the ok to try salads (for me it was 6 weeks out), I found out quickly that regular lettuce (iceberg/romaine) didn't sit very well with me. Since I have a spinach allergy, I have been relying on kale for my salad fixes. I don't love the flavor of raw kale, but like you, I was craving salads!

I know this journey is different for everyone, but if the "normal" salads you're used to don't go/stay down well at first, some other options just might work!

I'm on my 4th weeks and I still can't hold down foods no craving for any normal foods

Me too how did you manage. .is it better?

View this time as retraining for your new normal.The desire to chew is natural, but I also used it as an opportunity to reevaluate what I eat. I'm the odd ball because I am a vegetarian. I was adding spinach to my Protein drinks. Once I was off soft foods at 6 weeks, I started adding in my raw veg and greens with no issues. BTW @ try other lettuce like butter lettuce, arugula or even cabbages. Kale is also a little easier to eat if you blanche it.

Just hang in there, soon this time will be nothing more than a distance memory. I do however, vividly recall wanting to throw those Protein Drinks out the window! :D

I too missed salads early on. They will come,

I miss salads so much right now. Im POD19