Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Things we dont have to worry about anymore!

I know for me a big (no pun intended) reason that I decided to have this surgery is so that I don't have to worry about the things that I was thinking about all the time. The every day things that I had to think and worry about:

- Is my belly sticking out under my shirt?

- What rides will I fit on at an amusement park?

- Is everyone else comparing that I am the largest person in this room too?

- How am I going to get down to put my shoes on and get back up?

- Am I going to fit in the booth at the restaurant?

These were just a few for me. What are some of your triumphant moments that you no longer have to think about?

Wondering if its really worth the effort to tie my shoes. Glad that is no longer a discussion I have with myself.

- if I sat in a chair (lawn chair, or plastic one) would it break or attach to me as I stood

- sitting in a booth would I have room between me (and my boobs) to see the plate

- seatbelt reach? on an amusement ride or even in a car :/

- picture posing (I have never liked it and dread it still at -70lbs)

I used to worry a LOT about fitting into chairs and seats. I would always buy tickets for the end of a row at a play or concert, because then I knew I would only have to crowd my husband on the one side and no one on the other side of me. When I had to take airplane flights alone, I would always get an aisle seat too and then just try to scrunch over as much as I could against the aisle arm rest so I wasn't "spilling over" into the seat next to me and crowding some poor stranger.

Getting a seat belt extender for the airplane was a worry for me and then feeling like I was embarrassing my kids when I picked them up for school. Not being able to sit at a booth when that was all that was left to sit at.

I have never had an issue getting stuck in a chair or not fitting, but I always try to stand. For example at work, if there's a meeting without enough chairs, I will volunteer to stand in the back of the room. I don't like feeling crowded and worrying my fat rolls are lopping over invading someone else's space.

I take the stairs instead of the elevator so no one has the feel the drop when I get on or off. When I do take the elevator I try to not step from the hall to the elevator but rather place my foot over the break to help disperse the weight shock.

Wondering at the start of each season whether my clothes from last year will fit (almost always, the answer is no).

My feet hurting just from walking around the grocery store.

Turning down social invites because they involve too much walking and I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up.

Wondering at the start of each season whether my clothes from last year will fit (almost always, the answer is no).

My feet hurting just from walking around the grocery store.

Turning down social invites because they involve too much walking and I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up.

Every one of these!

I hated realizing I was one of the biggest people in the room. Also, I have 3 other sisters and was always the fattest.

Now I weigh less than 2 of them :)

I hated realizing I was one of the biggest people in the room. Also, I have 3 other sisters and was always the fattest.

Now I weigh less than 2 of them :)

Me too! I'm still preop, so I still notice this. Looking forward to that not being the case anymore.

Babbs, you are such an inspiration! You are gorgeous, and I love your "tell it how it is" attitude when people post nonsense on here!

I wont miss being able to NOT hide under the covers when my son and I are playing hide and seek.

I wont miss wearing an extra size too big winter jacket that makes me look like an big balloon.

I wont miss how quickly the soles of shoes get worn out from the way I walk

I wont miss the awful feeling when you get off or on a camping air mattress and my spouse gets bounced around.

I also wont miss Water retention in my feet on hot days when I just want to wear a cute pair of wedges or sandals.

Dating. After the last three girls I dated said they were either too embarrassed to have me meet their friends or family or just too afraid to have sex with me I gave up and stopped trying to find someone out of fear of being hurt more. It's been five years since I've dated.

I always feared I would break those plastic chairs for outside. So I would stand the whole time. Now that's no more! :)

I always feared I would break those plastic chairs for outside. So I would stand the whole time. Now that's no more! :)

I couldn't tell you how many chairs I have actually broke. LoL