Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel like my weight is going in slow motion. I'm 4 mos out and only down 60 lbs. I at least wanted to be down 100 lbs by my 6 mos surgiversary, but not looking good. So what I'm gonna do is go back to the liquid diet so I can focus on fluids and Protein. Maybe that will kick my weight loss into high gear. I'm so jealous that everyone have before and after pics and I'm still not ready to show mine.

Whoa.... wait a minute! Have you talked to your Doctor? Seems to me you are doing great.

Are you still keeping a food journal? Are you making sure you get in all your Protein? Sometimes upping your protein intake can help kickstart the weight loss again. Make sure you are not having carbs for a bit, that should help. And increase your exercise--walking or swimming or something extra

I think 60 pounds in 4 months is wonderful! Remember that you want to remain healthy while doing this. You'll get to your goal before you know it.

@@leag78 I know this isn't what you want to hear but my advice is that you just keep following your doc's plan and try to be patient. Everyone loses at their own pace and we don't get to dictate to our bodies how quickly to lose. Your weight loss so far seems pretty darned good. Try not to worry so much, just enjoy the benefits.

Wait what? You are disappointed to have "only" lost 60 pounds in 4 months?!?!?! That's an average of 15 pounds a month! I didn't even lose 15 pounds my first month post-op. And after that I averaged about 6 pounds per month for the next several months. Now I'm happy with TWO pounds a month!

Sounds to me like you set some very unrealistic expectations for yourself.

Can I ask you a very serious question? Why do you feel you need to lose the weight so quickly? I lost weight MUCH more slowly than you have and now I'm only 3.6 pounds from goal. Even though I lost weight "slowly", I'm still reaching my goal. I'm still way happier and healthier than I've ever been. Why does it matter how long it takes you to get there, as long as you get there eventually? This isn't a diet. Once you are at goal, you won't be "done". Your WLS is forever. Ten years from now when you are enjoying your happy, healthy life, is it going to matter that it took you 18 months to reach your goal weight instead of 12? NOPE!

PS: Just did the math. It took me 10 months to lose 60 pounds....

The rate at which one loses weight following surgery is dependent on the type of surgery. A weight loss of 60 pounds over 4 months isn't bad. You just need to sustain it. You are beginning at a high initial weight and you need to control the depth of the weight loss. The most important elements during the weight loss phase is meeting the requirements of Protein, fluids and Vitamins. food is secondary because your body is converting stored fat into the energy that drives your body. If you had RNY surgery and your food allotment has increased, then I would like you to look at your caloric intake. You should include in your total calories the calories from your meals combined with the calories obtained from your Protein supplements. If you are consuming high protein meals, then at 4 months your food allotment has increased to the point that you could reduce the number of Protein shakes you are consuming each day and thereby also the amount of calories you are consuming from the Protein Shakes. That is what I did and my weight loss increased.

I had RNY, and although 60 lbs in 4 mos is good, I was told by my doc that I should've lost that at 3 mos post op. Majority of people on here have lost at least 100 lbs by their 6 mos, and are able to show their before and after pics, and although everyone says the weight loss is very noticeable, I'm not noticing it. I just thought that since I lost the 1st 50 lbs in 3 mos, I would lose the other 50 by 6 mos.

@@leag78,

In reality the weight loss does not work on a timed schedule. I also had RNY. The first 60 days I lost a lot of weight very quickly.

After that, I have lost on average about 10lbs per month. I have had many stalls along the way, one lasting 28 days

60lbs in 4 months is not bad, in fact it is excellent! however your doctor is probably thinking about the first year as the golden year and wondering if you are doing everything you can to take advantage of it.

You did not give us a lot of information about why you think you need to reset. It may be appropriate if you have allowed things into your diet that you shouldn't have and want to break that trend.

If you are following the plan and not grazing throughout the day, then look at your overall Protein and where you are getting it from.

The majority should come from your food. If you are eating Protein rich foods, and good carbs like fruit and veggies, there should not be much room for anything else and it should keep you full.

if you are getting your protein from nothing but shakes and eating a lot of carbs, then you will get hungrier faster and eat more. This in itself can cause your weight loss to slow down.

I have experienced this myself, I can almost know exactly what the scale is going to tell me before I step on it.

If you are not already doing this, use an app like my fitness pal to log your food. Log it all and you will see the trends.

If you are eating per the plan then you simply are a slower loser and it will all work itself out. You are the only one who knows his the plan is really going and whether or not you need to make changes.

I wish you the best of luck!

I had RNY, and although 60 lbs in 4 mos is good, I was told by my doc that I should've lost that at 3 mos post op. Majority of people on here have lost at least 100 lbs by their 6 mos, and are able to show their before and after pics, and although everyone says the weight loss is very noticeable, I'm not noticing it. I just thought that since I lost the 1st 50 lbs in 3 mos, I would lose the other 50 by 6 mos.

I'm always disappointed when I hear about surgeons setting time-based weight goals for their patients. They of all people should know that every BODY is different and everyone loses at different rates post-op. I feel so fortunate that my surgeon's office didn't set any sort of time-based goals for me. They set an ultimate goal weight of 165 for me, but put MUCH more emphasis on their body fat percentage goal for me. They wanted me to be under 25% body fat. I've already achieved that goal and now I have 3.8 pounds to the weight goal they set. But I never felt pressure to lose it FAST from them. Every follow-up I've had has just been encouraging and making sure that I'm getting my exercise and Protein in.

@@leag78

You are a sweet girl, but I don't know how any times we have to tell you you're doing just great with your weight loss! That's amazing progress! It's good to set goals and timelines, but be realistic about it. You are not going to lose 40 pounds in the next 2 months, so just do the best you can and set a REALISTIC goal. How about 15 or 20 more pounds by 6 months? That you can do, and we will all cheer you on! And guess what? Even if you didn't lose that much, we would still cheer you on!

Patience, my dear. It has taken me a year to lose a little over 80 pounds. One of the biggest things i've learned is to just be PERSISTENT AND PATIENT. It's made me a more grateful and grounded person.

Good things come to those who wait.

I think you are mistaken that most people have lost 100# by six months. I worked my ass off...followed program very closely and worked out daily and I didn't make 100# in six months. Some people lose very rapidly and that is what you remember but I doubt its most. It took me 14months to lose 150# and that was considered fast and alot (got to normal weight) by my surgeon.

However, I take seriously the concern you raise. When you have alot to lose you do want to take maximum advantage of the "honeymoon" period. I think you should track your food and activity, check you are following your program well and not letting certain foods sneak in. I had a big slow down about 7-8 months post op because I was eating too many Protein bars.

It took me at least 10 months to lose 60 pounds aT a year out I'm down 98 pounds. we all lose at our own rate. 60 pounds is excellent!