Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One and a half years out - gastric sleeve surgery

I can't believe it! I am now 125 pounds. What I weighed in high school. Thinner than I was in high school. I am so happy and so much healthier. I hit a road block at 140. I stayed there for six months. I was still happy at that weight. Then all the sudden I started losing again. Kind of scared me. Went to doctor and had helacobator pylori. No biggie. Nothing wrong. The only problems I have is stomach aches. Which I know I cause myself. Still struggle with eating to fast, to much, and not chewing enough. Surgery so worth it!

Congratulations! I don't think I was 125 since like 4th grade maybe! I can't imagine how good it feels to reach that goal! So glad for you! :)

@sweettea Congratulations on your weight loss and sticking with it even when hitting the road block! :)

Thank you! Maybe I'll lower my goal weight. My BMI is in the middle of normal

Great job on reaching your goal! Our stats are similar, so I'm going to ask you an odd question. Do any others around you comment that you are too thin?

I have seen others at my same height look healthier than me at 128 pounds. My cheeks are sunken in and my eyes tend to be a little bulgy. I'm wondering if my body will eventually adjust or shift so that I look better at this weight. I did lose my weight quite quickly, so that may have something to do with it. Otherwise, I may consider going back up to 135.

Yes. I hear all the time that I'm losing to much. I look in the mirror and like what I see, except shrinking breast an NO butt. I think they got so use to seeing me heavy, it's a shock. I've also gotten told how great I look. And the men have definitely noticed, even at 52. I'm happily married. But it's a great ego boost.

@@WL WARRIOR, you are an inch taller than me. I think everyone's different. If you feel to thin, try gaining more weight back.

@@WL WARRIOR What does your primary say? Are you healthy?

congratulations I have had the issue of a few specific people telling me "tell me you are done loosing, you need to stop" This Monday I was just on my PMS horse and ran her butt over! I smiled and said "I am so glad you are my doctor and have made this decision for me" she said " you know what I mean".......I smiled and said "no, I don't. I am under a doctors supervision, I am fine, if I loose more it is fine, and if I don't it is fine, but it will still not be any of your business!"

I hardly know this woman!!

thank you for the vent ;-)

again congratulations on your goal weight!!!

Do you mind my asking what your starting weight was and your height?? Congrats on your loss!!

@@Abby&IvysMom I was 217 and am 5 feet 6 inches tall

@@SWEETTEA

I have even had one of my Bariatic buddies say you need to stop. If we are in the healthy BMI range I'm not concerned about the comments.

Is it me or do people know what a healthy BMI looks like anymore? Are healthy BMI's not the norm????