Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having my band removed and going to a sleeve on Monday! Nervous and excited.

Does anyone have any advise?

Good Luck.Congrats !Say a little prayer and get ready to begin a new chapter.

Way easier than the band - had mine 6/23 and have lost 33 pounds already

How are you doing? I go in tomorrow for mine!

Hanging in there. Yesterday was tuff. I feel much better today. I couldn't swallow any Fluid yesterday as I was too swollen. Today I had Jello, Soup and Water.

I have been getting bad hiccups which are painful and some cramps but it's all normal. Once I pass gas, I can go home.

Update: still sitting in hospital. Have had a low grade fever and they will not let me leave till I am fever free for 24 hours.

Fantastic!!!!

I was banded in 2006 and did the Band 2 VSG 7/22/2015. It was interesting to see the band's pouch still present during a flouroscopy study at the dr office... The gift that keeps on giving, but I am down nearly 30 lbs in 5 weeks so no complaints!!

How is everyone doing after revision? I have been banded for almost 14 years and revising next month. Was wondering how long before you went to work if you don't mind sharing. I am planning on taking 3 weeks off. I have a sedentary job. I also have a 3 night cruise booked for 5 weeks after. Think I will be ok? Many thanks!

I'm 17 days out and feel great. I took off 2weeks but could have gone back sooner but had a fever and they kept me in hospital for 6 days. I also had a drain and didn't want to go to work w drain. As for your trip, I don't see why you couldn't go. I feel great right now and down 22lbs so far.

@adnlyn Thank you so much, this really helps. Sorry about your fever but glad it resolved. Must have been frustrating. My surgeon does not use a drain.

Wow...so the sleeve is doing its job!!!

Wow...so the sleeve is doing its job!!!

Glad to hear things are going well. I did the revision on 8/21/15, and am feeling great. As for how long to take off, I also took two weeks off and am not sure I will actually use the whole two weeks. I definitely get tired more quickly, but that of course has a lot to do with the surgery and lack of calories. I did work hard to stay ahead of my pain, and used the meds as directed this time.