Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 weeks out. I have been on solids for 2 weeks now. I can tolerate anything in small quantities. When did you try steak?

I tried steak at 6 weeks...small bites and chewed well. I have tolerated everything really well so far. Love my surgeon and my sleeve!

I've had a positive experience as well!

I was trying a "bite" of everything after 4 weeks and released to eat full foods. Unfortunately, a "bite" was the limit. Frankensleeve hated everything and I was stuck with refried Beans and turkey hamburger for months. But I'd try a bite of different foods as the opportunity arose, including steak. Steak was one of the harder foods to retrain Frankensleeve to eat.

But hold off on trying popcorn or anything the might have little slivers that could get stuck in your staple line and irritate your stomach. It wasn't till 6 months that I tried popcorn.

I think I started with steak around 8 weeks and now i eat it at least once a week. Obviously do small bites and chew really well, with steak, and really any meat, if there is a piece that is not wanting to break down when i chew i just spit it in my napkin instead of swallow. I didn't read anything telling me to do that, it just seems to me that it may be harder for my sleeve to digest it when i cant event chew it.

Love me a good medium rare rib-eye!

Around 4 weeks. I could only tolerate a bite or two, but it was worth it!

I ate beef brisket about 9 weeks post surgery. I then got beyond extremely sick. I think it was after that last sickness I was in the hospital getting IV fluids and having memory issues. Of course my surgeon got on my ass for eating beef way way too soon. I didn't touch beef again until 4 weeks ago. I spent 3 and a half of that time eating just ground beef. I tried small strips of steak just last week and brisket again a few days ago. No issues this time around.

My point is this, my doc advised me on not eating red meat until 6 months post op. I tried to go 8 weeks post op and paid for it. Its not worth the risk and headaches it will cause. Wait the full 6 months before you try to eat the tougher Proteins like beef and pork. Trust me when I tell you that in the end of those 6 months, that shit will be there for you to eat, with fewer complications.

I ate steak 8 weeks post op. But it was difficult. I can only have filet minion. That seems to be the only cut mu stomach likes

Not bad on the taste buds...but certainly a once in a while thing. ;)

I had a couple bites of ribeye steak around two months. At almost four months, I have no problem eating any cut of steak. I can generally only eat 2 - 2.5oz, as opposed to the 3-4oz of other meats.< /p>

I'm 6 weeks out and have eaten steak EVERY DAY since week 4. Cut it in small bites, prepared medium RARE, chew well! My tummy does well on about everything but pork... steak has the highest Protein out of all the meats so I eat it daily because I struggle to drink shakes

I had steak about 8 weeks out -- a lean cut (top sirloin). I did fine with it. I have trouble with very fatty cuts of meat, but the leaner ones I do fine with.