Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Greetings from the newly sleeved!

Hi all! My name is Brenda, I'm 5'2", 37 yo and had my sleeve done on July 15th. My highest weight was 240 in January and I was 213 day of surgery. I'm at 3 weeks post op and am down to 200! Yay!

Of course I have now been at 200 for almost a week, kind of frustrating, especially when I want to hit that major milestone :) I guess I wasn't expecting to plateau so soon. I gather from the other posts I've read that it is not uncommon and I'll get through it.

The other thing I wasn't expecting was to be so hungry! My stomach was growling within hours of surgery. Fortunately my stomach is small. I do worry about what will happen in a few months when I am able to tolerate more. I hope I'll be able to get mind hunger more under control by then. The cravings for all things bad for me are intense right now! And it's so weird to not have the normal hunger and full feelings.

For now I'm logging all food and Fluid and working up to my Protein and Water goals, which is really hard! I'm exercising and looking up healthy recipes to incorporate.

I'm glad I did this, I've been on a weight roller coaster my whole life. I'm beginning to see a new thinner me and it feels great!

Congrats Brenda, enjoy the ride. I hope you enjoy the new normal in your life. Can't wait to see the before and after pics.

My stomach made all sorts of noises for a few weeks after surgery. It's quieted down since then. Congrats on your surgery, you'll get under that 200 mark very soon. And then it'll be on to the next milestone.

Congrats on being a post op! The best is yet to be. You will get there. Good luck!

Congrats on your loss so far! The stalls come and go, just ride them out. My stomach still makes some weird noises and I'm 8 months out! Best of luck on your journey

Congratulations to you! Keep with it and don't be discouraged by the stall.

Those aren't weird noises, they are your new sound track ;-)...just kidding, the plumbing will get back to normal as you go along. (Or maybe my hearing is off or I got used to them)

Congrats on your new tummy, sounds and all. I'm going to be sleeved next week, August 12. Tomorrow starts the first day of all liquids. Whew... it's getting real!

Good luck to you all. Let's roll!

Hi Brenda! I was sleeved on July 15th as well! I too have hit a stall this week. I'm 5'4" and highest weight was 256, 246 day of surgery and as of this morning, I am 234! I was averaging about a pound a day until this week. I guess it's the 3 week stall since tomorrow will make a full 3 weeks since surgery. I'm with you on those stomach sounds and feeling hungry! I'm doing well with fluids and Protein, though I'll admit, I'm relying on Protein shakes to finish off my Protein goal if I can't meet it with soft foods.

I'm excited for this journey! We will be posting before and after pics before we know it :) Congrats to you on your surgery and new journey!