Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Holden in dfw- other dfw Drs

I wanted to go to Kim bariatric for dr Kim but my insurance won't cover dr Kim. So who has had dr. Holden ? Also do they, in house, the 3 months required supervised dieting in other words do they have their own NUT ? What other doctors are there in Dfw?

My mom and I both went to the Nicholson Clinic. I had Dr. Nick do a band on me five years ago and he did my band to sleeve revision a month ago. Both times were great and everyone at their offices are extremely helpful. My mom had a sleeve done earlier this year and she had one of his associates Dr. Roshek for her surgery. She loved him as well. They have a third surgeon, but I can't vouch for him because I don't know anyone who has used him personally. Also, they're a center of excellence if that's a requirement for your insurance.

I hope you find the right place for you so that you can reach your goals. Good luck!

You are very lucky to be in this part of Texas as there are many good surgeons in the area. Dr. Kim did my sleeve yesterday and everything went great...too bad your insurance doesn't cover him. I have heard mixed reviews about Dr. Holden.

I also met with Dr. Nick mentioned above and he seems great. Also look up Dr. Clayton Frenzel. Seemed like a really good surgeon but couldn't get pass the less than knowledgeable office staff.

Heard lots of people on this board recommend Dr. Adam Smith and a few others. Do a search on this board and you will find a few different threads on this topic.

Good luck with your journey!

I used Dr. Adam Smith. I highly recommend him. He also has nutrition and psych in house. And he also has people who come in to do his stress tests at the same office.

Dr. Holden did my surgery. She did an excellent job and it was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. The staff in the office has been very nice and helpful as well.

I've only interacted with her a few times during this journey. IMO, her bedside manner leaves much to be desired. In the grand scheme of things, I guess we should be worried about whether or not the surgeon is skilled (which she is), but she didn't seem very warm and friendly.

My insurance didn't require a 3 month supervised diet. I was approved with a "semi low" BMI (BMI was a 37 when I was approved) and comorbidities (sleep apnea, GERD, hypertension, joint pain).

Just my two cents for what it's worth. Hope this helps!

Edited by lexiemustang

Thank you everybody ! I think I'm going to call dr. Nick

Dr. Holden did my surgery. She did an excellent job and it was one of the best decisions I've made in my life. The staff in the office has been very nice and helpful as well.

I've only interacted with her a few times during this journey. IMO, her bedside manner leaves much to be desired. In the grand scheme of things, I guess we should be worried about whether or not the surgeon is skilled (which she is), but she didn't seem very warm and friendly.

My insurance didn't require a 3 month supervised diet. I was approved with a "semi low" BMI (BMI was a 37 when I was approved) and comorbidities (sleep apnea, GERD, hypertension, joint pain).

Just my two cents for what it's worth. Hope this helps!

What kind of insurance do you have ? Is it Aetna ?

I have United, and Dr Holden does have an in house NUT. She seems really nice.

Edited by lexiemustang

Dr Holden took out my gallbladder a little over a year ago. Shes really nice and knows what she is doing. She does her surgeries just like Dr Kim as Dr Kim has trained her over 3 years. Dr Kim did my sleeve 3 years ago. In my opinion Dr Holden is just as good as Dr Kim since he taught her his ways.

I would also like to tell you about Kim Bariatrics amazing after surgery support. KBI has monthly fitness events and monthly support groups.The private patient only Facebook support group has helped me a ton through my journey. Its very helpful to have a page where its all Dr Kim and Dr Holden patients only going down the same journey. We do monthly 5ks/10ls, monthly Breakfast and dinner get togethers, fun events like going dancing, skating, painting, etc. There are even accountability daily exercise post and weigh in post once a week to whoever likes to be accountable. I lost 90 lbs and am keeping it off!

Good luck to your journey whomever you choose.

Dr Holden took out my gallbladder a little over a year ago. Shes really nice and knows what she is doing. She does her surgeries just like Dr Kim as Dr Kim has trained her over 3 years. Dr Kim did my sleeve 3 years ago. In my opinion Dr Holden is just as good as Dr Kim since he taught her his ways.

I would also like to tell you about Kim Bariatrics amazing after surgery support. KBI has monthly fitness events and monthly support groups.The private patient only Facebook support group has helped me a ton through my journey. Its very helpful to have a page where its all Dr Kim and Dr Holden patients only going down the same journey. We do monthly 5ks/10ls, monthly Breakfast and dinner get togethers, fun events like going dancing, skating, painting, etc. There are even accountability daily exercise post and weigh in post once a week to whoever likes to be accountable. I lost 90 lbs and am keeping it off!

Good luck to your journey whomever you choose.

I had my surgery with Dr Kim at KBI October 2014. Dr. Holden did my EGD. Both surgeons are great doctors. Very pleased with my experience with this clinic. I owe them so much without them I wouldn't be 120 lbs lighterpost-257602-14393865852833_thumb.jpg

I had Dr. Marsden, and while he's incredibly nice and skilled, he basically left me high and dry once the surgery was over. His office staff just fobs you off on True Results, and his scheduler(s) seem to be incompetent. I'm afraid you'd just be part of an assembly line with him, just like I was.