Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi folks,

Just a question. I know every doctor will be different, but does anyone have experience with a doctor allowing/not allowing tests previously conducted to be utilized?

I ask because I have had sleep studies done twice in the past (most recent in 2010) and my most recent colonoscopy was in 2013. I know my doctor will tell me, just curious 'beforehand' about the experience of others.

Thanks!

It will depend on the time frame they want the test done in to be valid. I'm not sure why you would even need a colonoscopy? I didn't have to do any of those test. Your right he will be able to tell you for sure, good luck!

@@ylluz Yes I sure did, I'm 8 + months out.

Notice my lovely tracker below :)

Great I always read all your great advice and support thanks!!!..I am new to this and trying to figure it out lol I am on my phone!!

I dont see no tracker sorry..Ill figure it out :)

I'm not sure @@Elode, I just saw several mention the colonoscopy, and I hate that one - so crossing my fingers I can bypass it since the tests are every 5 years and I'm only 2 out. Same with sleep, hate the test, and hoping since already dxed, they would just say ok. It's not like the sleep disorders went away! Lol

Thanks for the feedback!

@@ylluz Oh, that's ok! I still don't have it all figured out so no worries!

sleep test = disguised torture!

"Here, let's hook several dozen electrodes to your body; attaching them with a nasty goo in your hair all the way to your feet. Then, we are going to tell you to go into a room where WE control the temperature, and tell you to lie on a bed that may or may not be made of concrete. We will leave some lights on so we can look at you all night - yes, we know it's creepy. Now, wiggle onto the bed withOUT knocking off an electrode. Wait, you have to pee? Sigh. Ok. Don't let any of your hanging wires dip into the toilet! Back? Great! Let's try again. Now, all this... Now we want you to....GO TO SLEEP! We won't disturb you unless an electrode comes off or malfunctions - which is approximately every time you manage to doze off. sleep tight!"

Yeah, I hate that test too! Roflmao. Guess it isn't so bad for most, but I'm such an uneasy sleeper, I was just miserable! I might beg my surgeon for mercy! Hah

Edited by Mistie

sleep test = disguised torture!

"Here, let's hook several dozen electrodes to your body; attaching them with a nasty goo in your hair all the way to your feet. Then, we are going to tell you to go into a room where WE control the temperature, and tell you to lie on a bed that may or may not be made of concrete. We will leave some lights on so we can look at you all night - yes, we know it's creepy. Now, wiggle onto the bed withOUT knocking off an electrode. Wait, you have to pee? Sigh. Ok. Don't let any of your hanging wires dip into the toilet! Back? Great! Let's try again. Now, all this... Now we want you to....GO TO SLEEP! We won't disturb you unless an electrode comes off or malfunctions - which is approximately every time you manage to doze off. sleep tight!"

Yeah, I hate that test too! Roflmao. Guess it isn't so bad for most, but I'm such an uneasy sleeper, I was just miserable! I might beg my surgeon for mercy! Hah

Exactly what I went through! But even worse I didn't get to the bathroom in time and peed my pants. Had to cut the underwear off and hope and pray the sheet cover didn't come off during the rest of the night. I told my Surgeon I had that test done years ago. Had a Cpap machine, got a terrible sore throat twice and finally gave the machine back to the rental company as I couldn't stand it. He said so nothing has changed and I said nope. So I assumed I don't have to take the test again. Have 4 more supervised visits and will have to ask him for sure.

Hi folks,

Just a question. I know every doctor will be different, but does anyone have experience with a doctor allowing/not allowing tests previously conducted to be utilized?

I ask because I have had sleep studies done twice in the past (most recent in 2010) and my most recent colonoscopy was in 2013. I know my doctor will tell me, just curious 'beforehand' about the experience of others.

Thanks!

I had my sleep study done 2.5 years ago and was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea. I didn't have to redo that test. I too hated it!

that's a good question. I have been trying get surgery since 2013 nad been denied. I have 35 bmi, but needed to 2 or more co-morbidity factors, diabeties, high bllod pressure or sleep apnea. I had sleep study done, and was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea, just 2 months ago. i hope I dont need to do that again.

Exactly what I went through! But even worse I didn't get to the bathroom in time and peed my pants. Had to cut the underwear off and hope and pray the sheet cover didn't come off during the rest of the night. I told my Surgeon I had that test done years ago. Had a Cpap machine, got a terrible sore throat twice and finally gave the machine back to the rental company as I couldn't stand it. He said so nothing has changed and I said nope. So I assumed I don't have to take the test again. Have 4 more supervised visits and will have to ask him for sure.

Oh my goodness! That's terrible. To me, that skews the results somewhat...when you can't actually sleep for the sleep study! I'm thinking, like you, what's changed? Pretty much, once you have it, you have it, until you start losing the weight...soooo! I'm crossing my fingers (and if I ever have to do another sleep study, my legs, too!)

That's for the feedback, guys! You're giving me hope! One less thing to stress over (I would rather not stress, and then be told I have to do it, than to simply stress all that time, and have to do it anyway - at least I'll get a little peace until I know for sure, because there's hope! LOL).

I was suppose to meet with my surgeon for the first time tomorrow (surgeon, bariatric nurse, do labs, meet with financial person, and nutritionist - all at the first appointment, whew!) - however, the surgeon had something come up and won't be there. They moved me to next week. Glad it wasn't longer, since it took me almost 2 months of waiting just to get in now!