Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am feeling the same way ugh.. Mines is also on the 10th worried they gonna call me and cancel :(

Hello, Mine is on the 28th!! I am with you on being nervous. But we need to shake it out and realize this is for the best.. I will take this nervousness over the "am i going to fit on that ride my son wants to go on nervousness"!!!!

I know those are the things I keep thinking about will I fit in a seat or ride or can I tie my shoes! That is all I keep thinking about!

I am feeling the same way ugh.. Mines is also on the 10th worried they gonna call me and cancel :(

where do you live? I live in Arizona

Hi there! I'm 12 weeks post-op and don't regret it at all. I also had second thoughts, and seriously considered cancelling the whole thing, but I'm so glad I didn't. As of today I am down 51 lbs and 3-4 sizes, but more importantly I feel SO MUCH BETTER! I spent this past weekend outdoors being very active (compared to 3 months ago) with my 3 young children and that alone is the reason I made the decision to go through with the surgery. Yes, it takes some adjusting to, and there is some trial and error in terms of diet, but so far, for me, the pros definitely outweigh the cons or any challenges I've come across. Good luck!

Calm your nerves. It will be ok. Maintain a positive attitude. I had Rny 2 years ago. Lost 100lbs. Before surgery I had my hair done and manicure/pedi. After surgery I had very little pain. I got up every morning in hospital. When I didn't feel like it. Bathed at sink. Put on my perfume and lotion. I stayed positive. I got up and walked when they wanted me too. Stay positive and fear is normal. When I woke up from surgery nurse was right there to see if I needed anything for pain. Be encouraged!! It will be worth it. I have no regrets.

rmag's comment about amusement parks gave me a good visual for my surgery nerves. I love roller coasters but as I wait in line I'm usually scared to death (particularly on new ones!). I talk myself into backing out a number of times up to the point where they strap me in and I know I'm going to die! Before I know it, I'm having a great time. Yes, parts are scary and even downright difficult, but I haven't regretted a ride yet! (Of course, I only go on them at reputable theme parks! Guess it's kind of like going to a Center of Excellence!). I know I'm going to be nervous up until the time I'm asleep and that it's likely to be a wild ride, but I am ready for the thrill of a new life!!

It's very normal to be feeling a bit twitchy leading up to your surgery.

I'm two and a bit years down the track and have absolutely no regrets.

After getting pre-approval from my insurer, I then had a health problem crop up that delayed my surgery by two years. Then I got a call four days before my surgery date to say the anaesthesiologist's father had died and so they'd have to postpone ...by that stage the nerves were gone and I was just excited about the whole process so I was more like a kid on Christmas eve!

Good luck to everyone with dates this month, enjoy your new lives.

:)