Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello im going in for my 360 body lift on the 18th. Im excited no nurves im so ready for this. Does any one want to share pics. Also does anyone know what time of garments/or Shapewear do you wear after the surgery? Thanks.

I'm not there yet but would love to see your before and afters! All the best for your 360 surgery

Even though u cannt see it in the pics i have alot of really loose. I think it so loose it tucks in very well with shape wear.

post-175187-14386499679959_thumb.jpg

What is a 360 lift? When do you have it done after your surgery?

Hi!

I had my lower body lift (360) on July 16 so I am just under 3 weeks post op. The first few days were really painful and I opted to stay a second night in the hospital to get stronger pain medicine. Now that I'm home I'm still taking my pain meds every 4-6 hours. But I can stand up straighter now. I used a rolling walker for almost 2 weeks bc you have to stay bent over initially. I also got a shower chair and still use that bc I get tired easily.

My swelling has gone down but the dr said I am still swollen several inches. I wear a garment provided for me by my dr that looks like a crotchless wetsuit. That way you don't have to take it off and on so much to use the bathroom. I'm used to it but it does get itchy.

My dr was very up front that this would hurt and she didn't lie. Also I'm not allowed to use any core muscles which includes using my arms to get up and down. My family helps me every time I need to get up and/ or turn every 2 hours to prevent incision from opening up. That's around the clock. I have slept in the recliner since I got home. My girls (19&23) take turns sleeping on the couch. We set alarms to turn me every 2 hours. My appetite has been really low and I've been really nauseous. My sleeve had complications so my stomach gets unhappy easily. Plus the garment is really tight and eating just isn't comfortable.

I will take some more pics tomorrow and post. I've been taking them daily but they show a lot lol. Oh, one surprise is that my "lady part" got a lift as well. Lol. Even though I'm still swollen I can see a huge difference on how I look and I absolutely love it!! I workout 6-7 days per week normally and the extra skin was making frustrated that I didn't look how I felt.

My dr removed about 6+pounds of skin.

Stats:

Pre weight loss wt 275lbs

Pre plastic wt 135lbs

I weighed last week 130lbs

I'll be curious where my weight settles once the swelling is gone. I don't really want to lose any more.

Yesterday was my first day to venture out of the house and go to a movie and walk around a few stores. I was exhausted when we got home and more swollen today. The hardest part is getting in and out of a vehicle. My husband is really strong and can easily lift me but he's on crutches w a broken leg bc we had a motorcycle accident 2 nights before my surgery. Stupid plan to go riding so close to a non refundable surgery lol. I'm lucky I have adult kids to help me.

Good luck!

Holly

Edited by hollyr

The 360 body lift is a Tummy Tuck but all sround the body. It helps the back the legs and the booty as well as front muscle repair.

Hollyr my parents are coming to stay with me for a week for helping out. My kids are in high school so they are a huge help. Im not a stay at home kinda person so im not sure how well ill be able to tolerate that. Lol.

That's great that you will have help. I don't think anyone could do this on their own.

Before this surgery I was super active and seldom home for long. But you really have to take it easy or you will hurt yourself. And if you paid cash for this like I did, you don't want to mess it up.

Yes im self pay. And i opted to have it done here close to home. It was way cheaper in mexico but we talked it over and decided to do it here close to home. Even though it was more expensive but ill have a dr close just in case.

I know a lot of people go to Mexico and are very happy w their results. I went to several plastic surgeons in my area and found one I just love. Like I said, my sleeve did not go well. I became septic immediately after bc of a leak and spent 2.5 months in the hospital. The plastic surgeon I picked was extra thorough because of that. I had to get clearance from 3 other doctors and she has been even more cautious since my surgery. I go back today for my 4th post op visit in less than 3 weeks. As she put it "this is an elective surgery and not worth dying over".

I'm excited for you! The morning of my surgery I took my own "before" pics that only I will see and am amazed how different I look. Next year I will do the upper part to have better breasts, arms and upper back. This is the biggest and most complicated surgery and I'm glad I chose to do it first.

Im glad your doing better. Yes me to im doing this one first then the breast. I figured id get it over with first.

My profile has photos of my plastics results, including the lower body lift.

My surgeon provided the phase 1 garments. I purchased stage 2 garments because they made me feel more "secure".

I think that choosing a surgeon is important, very important. I also think actually following their advice is critical! I am on a Facebook group with my surgeon's patients and it is shocking to me how many people push the limit and wind up creating problems for themselves by "overdoing it". Lower body lift and probably thigh lift are just much bigger deal then some people realize in terms of time for true and full recovery.

I am thrilled with my results, but the first time I heard of a lower body lift, i about passed out...lol. It took me quite awhile to "get over" the idea of a 360 incision but I am so glad I did it!

I love the look on people's face when I casually say "I have a 360 degree incision like a belt" haha ????

I cannt wait im excited. My parents are against it but very supportive. They tell me what they think.then they say so what dates do we need to ask off... lol

Lol. I understand. My family has been supportive but at the same time scared bc it's such a long procedure. But my mom really couldn't say much because she had a facelift 2 weeks before my surgery. ????