Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So my mother in law does not understand I'm on a diet:/. She got the whole family together tonight and made reservations at a Vietnamese restaurant. I'm on soft foods-can I eat like a chicken and vegetable dish??

I'm not completely familiar with Vietnamese cooking but when I was on soft foods I could have eggs and soft fish. I wasn't able to have chicken (other than soft canned) until later.

See if they have fish or eggs. Or, Soup might be a good choice.

my go to was always egg drop Soup, or any soup.....I would have my Protein before I went.

for Pho, I would have shrimp. chicken can be very hard for most.

They only had chicken but it was shredded so that was good-I think I ate mostly broth and a few bites of the others and one bite of sweet and sour chicken for taste:). I'm down 16 pounds since surgery on July 10th and 55 total since starting the process! I guess I must be doing something right??!! ????

Tofu would be good if you're on soft foods.

chicken was on my soft good list. Thank goodness I did well with it because it took some time before I could process shrimp effectively.

I still worry about overeating and stress about gaining weight back already:(. This process has been good, but causes me to stress about weight a lot. Does anyone else have this? I'm sure I'm not even close to calorie today but the thought of not being able to measure or calorie count freaks me out!

I don't want to get into the calorie counting discussion again, there was a very good thread on that subject here:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/343297-how-accurate-is-your-calorie-counting/

Lots of good information and strategies from many members and veterans.

I have not attempted Chinese food yet. I was however at my PCPs office and they brought it up to me. She suggested when ordered to order the dish but have it made with no oil. That way the oil does not upset your stomach (I'm only 3 months out). She said that some may order without the sauce due to the sodium and sugar content. Knock on wood, I haven't had any dumping symptoms as of yet but the oil would definately send me through the roof. Thought it was a good tip to try for those times that you're in a bind!