Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tired All The Time!

Hi,

I am almost 8 weeks post-op Gastric Bypass. I initially had lots of energy after the recovery period and now I have no energy. I am tired all the time and sleep lots more. I am trying to get in all my Fluid, Protein requirements and Vitamin and RX's. I am also getting in a little walking.

I have lost 36 lbs and feel I am doing great with my weight loss. But still I have no energy or motivation!!

Can any one give me some advise to getting more energy and motivation?? Greatly appreciated!!

I'm 8 weeks out as of today also, and I'm in the same boat! I keep being told that the more I do the better I will feel. Have you had your levels checked? I have my appointment next month for that. I just wonder if I'm getting low in something. You are doing great on your weight loss, way to go!!

I'd also suggest checking your Iron levels and/or starting Iron supplements. 8 weeks out was when I was having my period aaaaalll the time, and my iron levels got really low and I had no energy at all. The supplements perked me right up.

I'm about 6 wks out. I too am tired all the time and sleeping a lot. I've lost 30 lbs. I had doctor appt and found my blood pressure was very low. Pre-surgery I was on 2 different BP meds. They took me off one and I'm monitoring my BP more closely. Eventually may be off both. I'm still tired but not quite as bad.

I am also 8 weeks out and energy is "0". Once I get off work, I am exhausted. I try to get some form of exercise done during the day because after I drive home, I can hardly do anything. If I don't have my starbucks, I won't make it during the day. I do need my levels checked as well. My appointment with my pcp is this month so I will find out. I am hearing that it takes a while and I understand that but it makes me feel guilty for sluggish workouts or no workouts. My weight loss has been great though 32 pounds. One day at a time...

I'm 11 weeks out and it's just been within the last 2 weeks that I'm starting to feel a bit more energetic. Before I was completely exhausted all the time. I'm finding that now I can actually get thru the day without a nap and I can take care of my kids and actually get done what I need to. It's nice to actually feel like myself again. I've talked to other people too and several have said that it took about 3 months before their energy levels were back up.

I had the same problem at that point in my recovery. I asked my surgeon if it was normal to feel that way, and he said it was expected. He told me that I wasn't taking in enough nutrition to allow for extra energy yet, but as I lost weight the energy required for basic functioning would lessen and allow you to have extra energy for living. I hope I'm writing it clearly enough. It helped me to know that it was normal and would improve. I'm now 14 weeks out from surgery and my energy level has increased weekly. As long as I get my Protein in and stay hydrated, I'm feeling good!

Good luck to everyone! Keep on keepin' on!