Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, I'm new here and found you guys while doing my non stop research. I'm from just outside Boston but I'm going to L.A. For my surgery on Oct 1st. I'm so excited but a little down at the same time because the only two women in my life (best friends) I can't share this with. Can't call up and say "oh my gawd this is really happening I'm so excited"! I can't do the normal celebrating conversations sister friends do. My mum just passed from cancer so it makes it even harder because at least when she was here I knew I could always call her to get her "worried support". My husband supports me but not in the girly excited or worried way. He is quiet and barely talks about it at all. I trie sharing with one friend and she said NO NO WAY DONT DO IT! I mean she didn't even ask me if I had already made up my mind she just went by her own opinion based on someone she knew who had it and must of complained to her about something. The other best friend can't hold Water and her family are the last people I want knowing my personal business such as this so I've chosen to not tell her at all. Shes in another state so she won't know by seeing me anyway. Sorry for rambling but I just want to talk to people who understand and are excited also.

Hi PBlady,

I am new to the forums too. I have found a tremendous amount of information and support here from presurgical people, to post surgical.

My surgery is scheduled for September 9, 2015. I am excited and nervous, it is to be expected. My husband is supportive and I know he is concerned, he has a very hard time putting his thoughts into "correct" words.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you traveling to L.A. for your surgery? That is a long haul.

Keep reading all the information you can, make friends and connect, it really does make a difference.

Welcome @peanutbutterlady. I too am new to this. I just got my surgery date this morning - September 8. Though my husband is supportive, I wish he was half as excited as I am right now. I am blessed with one best friend who is very supportive and another who like yours is NO WAY!!!!

Be true to yourself and don't be afraid to reach out to folks on this forum. The people on this site really do care, are genuine and sincere. I am excited for all who are making this journey because they want to better themselves through healthier living. Best wishes to you and let me know if I can be of any help and further support to you.

Hi PBlady,

I am new to the forums too. I have found a tremendous amount of information and support here from presurgical people, to post surgical.

My surgery is scheduled for September 9, 2015. I am excited and nervous, it is to be expected. My husband is supportive and I know he is concerned, he has a very hard time putting his thoughts into "correct" words.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you traveling to L.A. for your surgery? That is a long haul.

Keep reading all the information you can, make friends and connect, it really does make a difference.

ok so to reply I click quote, right?

Thanks you both for the welcome, and to answer your question. I'm going to L.A. because what I've found here is doctors won't honor my insurance one month requirement. I've been looking into this for two yrs and spoke to my doctor several times about it. She wanted me to go see a Nut for a yr, and then decide. I'm gonna post this to see if I'm doing it right before I keep typing.

Welcome @peanutbutterlady. I too am new to this. I just got my surgery date this morning - September 8. Though my husband is supportive, I wish he was half as excited as I am right now. I am blessed with one best friend who is very supportive and another who like yours is NO WAY!!!!

Be true to yourself and don't be afraid to reach out to folks on this forum. The people on this site really do care, are genuine and sincere. I am excited for all who are making this journey because they want to better themselves through healthier living. Best wishes to you and let me know if I can be of any help and further support to you.

thank you so much for that welcome. I'm so thankful for people with understanding. Your husband sounds like mine :) he quietly worries. Yes, that's what I'm trying to do now, take care of me. After watching my mum suffer and die I realized I don't have the luxury of not taking care of myself any more. She was still here when I started my research and talking to my doctor, and she always told me "please lose the weight" . She wasn't being mean she was concerned and then she ultimately passed away from not doing that for herself. I'm almost in tears just thinking about everything. I'm sorry if I'm typing slow again please be patient. I'll do my best to respond. I'm so happy for all of you who are on this journey also! I can't put into words what it means to know I'm not alone in feeling nervous etc...

Oh goodness ok so I reply down here? :/ smh

@@Peanutbutterlady welcome to all newbies!! This is an excellent place for support and info both pre and post op ask anything anytime I'm 5 months post op sleeve and doing well

I'm fairly new as well. I'm also scheduled for surgery on Oct.1st. I'm always looking for someone who understands what I'm going thru.

Well congrats everyone to a healthier future I work during the day east coast time but I'll answer any questions I can one key thing is try not to stress yourself out follow your instructions it's going to be a process and something to get used to its not nearly as scary as ppl think it is though and just remember everyday gets better and things do return to a normal state try not to panic and eat stuff cuz u think u won't be able to have it again it's not true concentrate on getting thru the pre op process get all after surgery items u need at home before surgery that helps trust me I was glad I didn't have to go running around the first couple days was just so tired

PBLady,

I am on east coast in CT and I would be more than happy to support you through this...it has been the best decision I ever made! It is normal to want to share all of the emotions, and here you will find an awesome audience of support and friendship. Please feel free to reach out anytime!

Amy

Good that we all have eachother no one will understand unless they go through the process!!!!!..Good luck and welcome to all I am new too and 2 weeks from now I will be sleeved and this forums have helped alot and everyone is so helpful and caring♡♡

Peanutbutterlady I'm in MA and work in Boston...how come you are going south for surgery? Are you self-pay? I know it's cheaper down south. I too limited who I told about surgery. I'm getting sleeved on 8/17 so I know how excited you are! I'm excited for you! YAY YAY YAY!