Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

since we are in the guys room....

So i will be blunt.

The whole penis thing is beyond true. its amazing to see what i was actually packing without being buried in flab. My wife regularly is like, Holy shit! whats the hell. But here is the rub. Im 44 now my wife is 43.

She has dropped 30+ pounds just being with me in this journey, im down 204 pounds pre surg 158 since surg. since i started at 408, that means im half the man i used to be...( get that song out of your head now, hah) Literally went from probably 3 inches erect to now showing 8 inches. yeah im happy with that lol

Let me ask though, my libido now drives my wife nuts i literally want it every day and then some. and I have to ask has your sex drive increased drastically as well? Also maybe its working out or what but my staying power has gone up from like 4 to 5 minutes post surgery, to well heck im proud to do 20 minutes on average now.

SO twofold has this happened to you, and how have you dealt with the increase in horniness. heck i wear compression type exercise undies now and regular gym type shorts, and its getting hard to hide this thing constantly...

I admit its a great problem to have but sheesh. It also sucks to think ive missed out on so much by being fat for so long.

From what I understand, testosterone and other hormones are stored in the fat you have been losing and flooding your system. Can cause some interesting mood swings and that non-stop randy feeling. It will normalize.

Yep, saw my schlong getting longer, part of it is it is no longer in a big fat pad.

And you are getting healthier and the sex is getting better. I used to be all sweaty, out of breath and it wasn't enjoyable sometimes. I'm 52, but I feel like I'm 19 again. Get your wife into yoga. While an intense workout can knock a guys libido down, she will produce more testosterone which will increase hers. And trust me the added flexibility is a plus.

And enjoy the new positions you can get into now.

Thanks for the post !!! I'm on my preop journey and this was one of my questions that I was too afraid to ask my DR.

As far as the sex drive is concerned I would think that's natural considering weight loss gives you more energy...lol

Congrats on your weight loss so far

Aug 24th is my date.Im even more excited now reading this...

Yep, I thought reading about this before surgury was just a lot of hype, but it is definately true! Not only is it longer, due to fat loss hiding some inches, but thicker. Biggest change for me has been being off of diabetes meds which were effecting erections as well. For those of you lucky enough to have a partner who is also losing weight, her fat loss combined with yours means you can get in alot deeper, too! When our increased libidos are in sync, OMG!!!

I can say that I too have noticed my penis length has indeed increase since I have been losing the weight. I can easily say I have gained closer to 3 inches with the shrinking belly and pelvic fat around my member. As like others my sex drive has been in super over-drive. Although granted before the surgery, I didn't have issues with sex, reach or maintaining an erection, or any other issues that made sex difficult or non-enjoyable. Hell sex was probably the only consisted exercise I was enjoying during my time while being grossly overweight.

Its just that now I feel like how others have described it a second puberty coming along. I can go longer than I have in the past, which is now hours instead of just at or under an hour. I am not gasping for breath from a heavy sexual session. And most importantly I don't have to feel guilty or worried that I am hurting my partner due to my size while being on top of them. That use to always play on my mind, which would sometimes take my focus away from where it needed to be. Enjoying my partner getting off on me and I on her.

Damn dude if this isn't motivation I don't know what is. haha

Just stumbled across this thread. I was looking for questions about libido. I was always a very ready male, could go several times per week if it was available. Now 9 weeks post op and down almost 80lbs., I seriously want to go non stop. Like hard core. The answer about the release of testosterone from our fat loss seems to make sense to me. I thought I was just crazy. I do hope it levels out.

Hells Yes !!!!!!

Gonna become a regular ole Dirk Diggler. :P

Since starting the pre-op weight loss in June, I've been feeling better and better about every aspect of life.

Getting off the blood pressure meds and gaining some larger toolage sounds good, too.

Gonna be a fun ride.........

@@dlappjr - I was actually a little irresponsible Jan-April this year. I was like a kid in a candy store (52 years old, 36 years of sexual experience, single, money, and now suddenly slim with a hormone charge). A year out and things have leveled out. I still feel great, but I'm not acting like a teen in heat any more. So be careful during this initial phase. It's fun, but there is HPV (won't kill you, but could give you throat cancer down the road and also leads to crappy time for females) as well as all the well know STD's out there. But if you are married, enjoy lots of hot monogamous sex.