Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not sure why...

So I believe I'm in the green because of the small amt I can eat in a sitting (4/5oz). Problem is, it's about 2 2/12 hrs until I'm hungry again... No matter what I eat! I'm following the drinking rules and all but I don't know what else to do, really don't think I need another full and it's not head hunger... Anyone have the same problem?

You may be on the edge of green. I'm getting tiny tiny fills now. 0.10 each. Small meals and 3-4 hours satiety is the goal.

(Edited for fill correction)

Ok, I guess I should make an appt

Of course, I need a new dr and hopefully this will do small fills like that (one dr refused to do less than .25cc)

This is my fill history.

Fills

03/31/2015 0.10 seventh fill 07.80

02/17/2015 0.10 sixth fill 07.70

12/02/2014 0.10 fifth fill 07.60

09/02/2014 0.25 fourth fill 07.50

0.25 third fill 07.25

2.50 second fill 07.00

4.50 first fill 04.50

Oops I went back and corrected my post. My recent fills are 0.10 not 0.01. Sorry.

Everyones different, but I can't get enough food in at 1 sitting to last me 3-4 hours, so on work days where I have a break every 2 hrs or so, I eat a little bit so I dont get overly hungry and then be cranky or eat too fast. My average work day is 6-8 am , hot tea, then a Protein Shake or a turkey Jerky with almonds, 8am Wheat thins with PB, noon fish, chicken, beef with salad or fruit, 230 pm , more lunch, dinner same type as lunch, evening, a little treat. Doesn't sound like much, but ive never looked or felt better in my life ! I havent had a fill in over a year, im very close to goal, so im thinking this is "normal " for me. Maybe you too ??

I'm not at all close to goal, I just stopped nursing so I'm ready to get on track, just seems I can't

Thanks, Justwatchme, hopefully a new dr will help me

I know a person, who has been banded as long as I have, who does not have the traditional 3 meals a day...she has about 5-6 small healthy Snacks per day. Works for her.

Bottom Lin...are you consistently loosing weight? That's all that matters.

I'm not losing anything :(

My surgeon was looking for satiety after a tennis-ball sized portion (his lingo) and not hungry again for 4-5 hours. I'd have one but not the other so we kept going. You don't want to be too "tight" -- I have had to go back and have a little removed, a little more put in, then a little removed. For me it is a nuanced thing and I think it has to do with inflammation (I have an arthritis profile), weather, stress, hormones, etc.

It will be good to find a doctor you like whatever you decide to do -- just so you have that resource when necessary. Good luck with all!

Thanks, I had a swallow study done and it looked tight enough, idk its frustrating. I've been too tight and it was that way for about 6 mths because the dr "wasn't going to put less than 1/4cc in"

My husband is between jobs so we are without health ins for the moment so I'm stuck anyway

I was going to ask the same questions B52 did - are you losing weight? If so, I wouldn't worry too much. If not, it's time to talk to the dr.