Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Still miserable begging for advice

Hi all. I'm 5 days post op from my sleeve and never ever thought I'd have this much pain and issues with this!! I am getting deep aches and horrible belly aches and spasms. Jello, cream of wheat, is painful for me to get down. Please tell me this gets better. How long until your healed completely?

Bellyaches are probably gas. Took me a few weeks to get gas under control. You will have a lot of aching, you just underwent a big time surgery. Think about how deep they went into your belly. Is cream of wheat on your list of ok foods this early out? Try avoiding lactose, it kills my belly. Good luck.

Just posted to a similar comment elsewhere. I got my sleeve done Monday the 27th and I thought afterward I had made the worst mistake of my life. They got me out trying to walk that evening and I had to shuffle along bent over I was in such pain. I'm kinda surprised you're on cream of wheat- I just tried to get down Protein shakes yesterday. In the hosp. I was on a tiny bit of broth, powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury Protein Jello and a SF popsicle (God bless those popsicles!). My lungs *ached* and I cried when I had to do the breathing treatments. Got dizzy, etc (morphine might have had something to do with that). NOW I am up at 2:23 EST because my right hip is killing me and I have what feels like gas trapped under my left shoulder blade. It's been rough, but I think I can make it and so can you. Of course, it you get concerned with the pain call your DR, but I think there is a emotional pain we are dealing with that can cause physical pain as well. I have run the gamut from despair to anger to sadness to fear to you-name-it. AND hurt all the while. I don't know what kind of diet you've been given but I'm thinking that grains like you mentioned might be a little tough. I am diabetic among other things and all my pills and these *&^% Vitamins are killing me going down! In fact, late Monday night after my first meal & meds I woke up and before I could get to the bathroom I threw up. Scared me to death but I was okay. You can do this. :)

Risa

I was in pretty good pain on day 3 so I called my surgeon and had them up my pain pill to a stronger one. After that I was good. I can't tell you about the other Things I was on liquids for a week after, I didn't eat any of that stuff.

It could be gas pain, @@brandeett? Try Gas-X strips if you're from the US, or chewable Windeze in UK.

I had a problem with swallowing the first 2 weeks and gas pains. Dr suggested gasx . That worked. Your body has just gone thru major surgery so give it time to heal. I also had trouble sleeping because of the GERD. Took 3 weeks before I could sleep lying down. I'm 7 months out and have no problems. Don't rush the food, your body will let you know when you can tolerate it. Good luck!

I'm 20 days post op and things improve everyday. I had mild pain (nothing you're describing) but it was about a week before I could take deep breaths because it really hurt my whole abdomen to breath very deeply. The stairs to my room were torture. But the gas went away, the pain subsided, and my energy came back. Hang in there. If the pain isn't getting better everyday, you should call your doctor. You really should feel better each day, even if it's marginal.

To answer your question the first 5 days were pretty painful for me. However, after day 7 the pain subsided immensely.

Hang in there, walk a lot! and try what some of the others mentioned.

I was on full liquids the first week, may want to try switching to liquids to see if that helps.

Wishing you a pain free tomorrow.