Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSVs - the little things that make you sooooo happy!

This weekend I had to go shopping. I was down to one pair of jeans and 5 tops that are literally beginning to hang on me. For my birthday I received a gift card to Victoria's Secret and some cash to buy clothes because my family knows I needed them badly.

I wanted some new work out clothes, Lucky Jeans and a top or two.

I never imagined that when I went to try on clothes that I would be able to fit into a size 12 or a large! When I started this journey I was a size 24 pants and a 26/28 top!

I still have about 30lbs I would like to lose so I am now even more excited about where I will end up. When I started on this journey I was looking for improved health, that was my main goal and it was a good one. It never dawned on me that I would even care about clothing size because I hated the way I used to look and could not even imagine myself being smaller.

Well I definately achieved my better health goal and now I can actually see myself getting to a healthy weight and looking fabulous in clothes again.

Woot woot!

This weekend I had to go shopping. I was down to one pair of jeans and 5 tops that are literally beginning to hang on me. For my birthday I received a gift card to Victoria's Secret and some cash to buy clothes because my family knows I needed them badly.

I wanted some new work out clothes, Lucky Jeans and a top or two.

I never imagined that when I went to try on clothes that I would be able to fit into a size 12 or a large! When I started this journey I was a size 24 pants and a 26/28 top!

I still have about 30lbs I would like to lose so I am now even more excited about where I will end up. When I started on this journey I was looking for improved health, that was my main goal and it was a good one. It never dawned on me that I would even care about clothing size because I hated the way I used to look and could not even imagine myself being smaller.

Well I definately achieved my better health goal and now I can actually see myself getting to a healthy weight and looking fabulous in clothes again.

Woot woot!

Way to go! I am scheduled for surgery on the 20th. I just want to feel better and have been so focused on the improved health aspect I keep forgetting there will be benefits like smaller clothes!

Now that's a win-win! :)

My primary motivation was also my health. Given the culture we live in, though, it would be miraculous if the thought of "looking better" (i.e. conforming to the norm of what supposedly "looks good") wasn't somewhere, even unconsciously, tied up in the decision to get WLS.

I do believe, by the way, that fat people can be healthy. A number of my girlfriends happen to be fat but also exercise and eat healthily. They're inspirational to me! Excess fat just didn't work for my particular body, and dieting alone didn't work, so I made the decision to get surgery.

Congratulations @@Djmohr! You are definitely a major role model.

Don't spend too much.. You will need to be buying more soon ;)

You are really inspirational .. Well Done !!

I'm so happy for you djmohr! I constantly look for your threads and replies you give because you are so supportive and inspirational. Your positive comments on your nsv's are especially helpful when I'm here at 8 weeks post and battling foamies.

COngratulations......I'm sure you look great and feel even better!

I love reading your inspirational posts! Congratulations !

Wow congrats! Size 12 is awesome...

Smaller than the average American female which is size 14 I read

Oops. Anyway. Keep it up. Or be satisfied how great you look in your new clothes. Fun watching your journey downsizing????

That is a great NSV!!! Congrats! I agree with all the others. You are such an inspiration and have been such a huge help on my already short journey!! Thank you!!

Congratulations on your great NSV and enjoy your new duds. But look out! You'll be surprised at how quickly you drop sizes as you near your goal.

Well somebodys been in the awesome sauce !! It must be you ! Congratulations ! Way to go !

Woo hoo!!! Way to go!! Like so many others have said, you're an inspiration!!

That's awesome! Congrats.

Thanks so much everyone for the very kind words!

@@IcanMakeit, I was kind of wondering what size I will ultimately end up in recently. Your comment about dropping sizes much quicker as you near your goal reminded me of a question my husband asked. Will I ever get down to single digit sizes? I honestly cannot ever remember being smaller than a size 12 anytime in my whole life. But I have to believe if I lose another 30lbs minimum, I will get there.

It is not a goal of mine to get to a certain size, it is my goal to get within a healthy weight which means I need to get to 165 at the high end minimum. If that means I will get to an 8, well hooray for me!

It sounds like from your experience that dropping sizes happens much faster as you near your goal. I am looking forward to seeing that happen.