Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just sleeved Wednesday 07/29

Hi all,

I am 30 years old from the Pacific Northwest and was just sleeved on Wednesday. I don't have many people I feel comfortable discussing this all with so I'm hoping to make some support friends along the way? I'm new to this page so am not entirely sure how it all works but I'd love to chat with anyone going through a similar time process.

Hello & welcome! There are lots of wonderful supportive people here! You've come to the right place :)

I was sleeved pretty close to you. 7-22. A lot of up and downs so far, but I know it will be worth it in the long run. Message me if you'd ever like to chat. Oh! 28 y.o. married with one daughter and I live in St. Louis area. Hopefully headed to AZ in the next few years. Nice to meet you ☺

Congrats on being sleeved and you will find an abundance of support here. ????

Hi! My name is Mandy. I am 37 and was sleeved on 7/20/15 in sunny southwest Florida by Dr. Thomas Bass. I am looking for a support buddy too. I need someone to complain to and to share my little triumphs with. Someone to share symptoms with and someone to just be able to help push me. If you are interested message me. I am a reliable buddy.

I live in Washington and am getting sleeved on August 19th in Mexico. Scared but ready. How is it going so far?

Good! I've had a few minor setbacks and have struggled more with mental and emotional issues rather than physical issues, but overall good. Today was my 2 week post op and I got the green light to move to puréed foods which my stomach (and mind) were oh so thankful for!! I'm down about 30 pounds so far and am just taking things one day at a time :) This app/support group has been amazing in terms of inspiration and guidance on things that I wasn't expecting or ready for.

Hey everyone I had the lapband removed and had the gastric sleeve done on August 6th. I am really feeling pretty good overall . My one thing is I am not sure if I am having gas pain or a hunger pain at this point in my recovery? I asked surgeon he said no but that is what it feels like. I have been on liquids for 3 weeks now and really want food, like a yogurt has anyone cheated and what was the consequence of doing that? The band never really worked for me so really hope this is my answer.

I Did Clear Liquids for a week after (really 5 days), then full liquids for a week, now I'm at soft and probably won't get the go ahead for more regular foods until at least my one month check up.

I did have a lot of gas pain the first week or two. Now at three weeks and am just getting part of that hungry feeling back. Usually it is just my tummy telling me to drink more water! Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. Lol. Just realize that your stomach is probably swollen and tender and so you have to be kind to it. I think I had yogurt as part of my full liquid after a week though...

Edited by Talieanne

Hey everyone I had the lapband removed and had the gastric sleeve done on August 6th. I am really feeling pretty good overall . My one thing is I am not sure if I am having gas pain or a hunger pain at this point in my recovery? I asked surgeon he said no but that is what it feels like. I have been on liquids for 3 weeks now and really want food, like a yogurt has anyone cheated and what was the consequence of doing that? The band never really worked for me so really hope this is my answer.

Gas pains are much more likely than you experiencing actual physical hunger, either gas pains or head hunger. My head hunger came back pretty quickly but realistically I knew it wasn't physical hunger.

Every doctor is different, but for the first two weeks I could have Protein shakes, smooth yogurts, broths and sugar free Popsicles. I just got approved for puréed foods, which with my doctor is something I'll be on for the next 3 weeks, then soft foods for 3 weeks and finally introducing normal foods at 8 weeks out.

If your doctor has said no, it's not worth the risk in my opinion. I know it's hard but as much as I wish it was, this surgery is definitely not the easy way out, it's going to be a lot of hard work and going without the things you want most.

Best of luck!

Thanks I know not worth the risk just have been on the Optifast already 3 weeks and the taste is killing me. But tomorrow he has approved smooth yogurt.

The hunger pains would come in my sleep so was not sure. I know during the day just my head saying it should want more not me physically needing more . I am trying to think about what kind of yogurt I want tomorrow. Big decisions.....for those who say this is the easy way I ask them to just try the pre op diet then get back to me. Nothing about this has been easy!!!

Hi! My name is Mandy. I am 37 and was sleeved on 7/20/15 in sunny southwest Florida by Dr. Thomas Bass. I am looking for a support buddy too. I need someone to complain to and to share my little triumphs with. Someone to share symptoms with and someone to just be able to help push me. If you are interested message me. I am a reliable buddy.

Hello! I also have dr bass and was sleeved a week after you! How are things going?