Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from nyc BRONX area

Hello i have finally made up my mind to get the by pass surgery .hopefully by this october it will be done i have started my journey and do not know the emotions i am going through a year ago my brother died from a heart attack at 39yrs old he also had the surgery 13 yrs ago and did not do right by it but im still here with a chance to live for the both off us i am very proud of my choice and will not back down .

Yes I also am from the Bronx by Pelham Bay and it is heartbreaking reading your story. I'll lay all my cards on the table. I would have the gastric bypass but I am so petrified of the malabsorption and the dumping as well as not being able to eat and drink together and/or eating fast.

Please know that I am here to talk whenever you need. Be blessed with all of God's good graces....

Edited by sgc324

Yes I also am from the Bronx by Pelham Bay and it is heartbreaking reading your story. I'll lay all my cards on the table. I would have the gastric bypass but I am so petrified of the malabsorption and the dumping as well as not being able to eat and drink together and/or eating fast.

Please know that I am here to talk whenever you need. Be blessed with all of God's good graces....

thank you yes after losing my brother i knew it was time for a change im not morbib obese but dont want to get there either im in the hunts point area im also afraid of dumping but i have bad acid reflux so i heard gastric takes it away

Oh wow, I work around the hunts point area. Anyway, yes it does cure acid reflux as well as diabetes. If I had diabetes I most certainly would have that operation in two seconds flat rather than living like that.

On the other hand, I cannot take the malabsorption and the rerouting of the intestines and all that other good stuff as well as the dumping.

Have a nice day and nice talking to you. Be blessed.

Oh wow, I work around the hunts point area. Anyway, yes it does cure acid reflux as well as diabetes. If I had diabetes I most certainly would have that operation in two seconds flat rather than living like that.

On the other hand, I cannot take the malabsorption and the rerouting of the intestines and all that other good stuff as well as the dumping.

Have a nice day and nice talking to you. Be blessed.

well the way you put it maybe i will be going with the sleeve i just want it all to go well thank you

Good morning. Nice to hear from you. Of the two, I would have the bypass personally for two reasons. Even though there's malabsorption, I would be petrified to live with diabetes, if I were ever to get it.

Secondly, if you already have terrible reflux, the sleeve will only make it worse. Luckily, the bypass is a cure for that too.

Hope this helps and please feel free to talk if you need to. I'm in the same boat with fear about this bypass as well but I know lots of people that have had it and swear that it's the best thing that they ever did because their whole life has changed.

Have a nice day.

Good morning. Nice to hear from you. Of the two, I would have the bypass personally for two reasons. Even though there's malabsorption, I would be petrified to live with diabetes, if I were ever to get it.

Secondly, if you already have terrible reflux, the sleeve will only make it worse. Luckily, the bypass is a cure for that too.

Hope this helps and please feel free to talk if you need to. I'm in the same boat with fear about this bypass as well but I know lots of people that have had it and swear that it's the best thing that they ever did because their whole life has changed.

Have a nice day.

thank you so much for you words because it does mean alot i have not told many ppl because the few i told all i got from them was your not THAT BIG the worst part is they dont know how i feel but i guess bypass will really help with this gas pains i get i guess in time i will go with whats good for me . Thou im scared im ready to feel great again .

Nobody knows your body and how bad or good you feel better than you. You cannot live your life according to what other people say or think. Believe me as petrified as I am about the bypass, if I ever became a diabetic, I would be on the operating table the next day because I would rather live with 1,000 bypasses before I would risk either going blind or have my hands and/or feet go black and possibly having them amputated.

For what? Just so I can eat a damn Oreo or a piece of cake? Oh no, not happening! Not in my lifetime anyway. I wouldn't think twice.

Please feel free to talk anytime if you like. Be blessed.

Stephen

Hello my friend. Just checking in and hope that you are doing ok. Have a nice day.

Stephen

Hello my friend. Just checking in and hope that you are doing ok. Have a nice day.

Stephen

heyyy how is everything? as for me im ok just waiting to get passed all these appointments and stressing out that i hope that health plus approves and the fact i feel like im all alone in this but im ready ????????????

You shouldn't feel that way. You are not alone. You have all of us. We will be your support system. If you want, I can send you a personal message with my number and feel free to call anytime.

Your heart is guiding you to make the best decision of your life....

Stephen

You shouldn't feel that way. You are not alone. You have all of us. We will be your support system. If you want, I can send you a personal message with my number and feel free to call anytime.

Stephen

thank you so much trust and believe this app has gave me great hope and sure would like that alot i have alot of people around me that i truely want to see me fail and it was not untill i made this choice is when i realized that i am acually on my own this time .

Hi there, I'm a Bronx baby near Pelham Bay. I had many of the concerns about RNY others have already expressed. Now over six years post op, all issues related to mal absorption, dumping, dietary limitations etc have been well worth the risk and occasional discomfort.

My preference was no mal absorption while my Dr believed I needed it. I could not bring myself to consent to the DS but three days before my VSG I agreed to RNY.

The Dr was right. I badly needed mal absorption. Greater would have been better for my situation but the final decision was down to what I was comfortable with.

Go with what feels right to you. Take your time. Weigh all your options. Feel good about your decision before going through with surgery. This is forever.

My surgery was scheduled less than six weeks after my initial visit. I cancelled, then changed surgeons, then changed procedures. I delayed six months to ensure I really wanted to do this. (I was still lying to myself about the need for surgery.)

I will always struggle but because of RNY my struggle is with maintaining my "normal" bmi instead of losing and re gaining weight. Weigh loss was neither fast nor easy for me in spite of surgery. However, without surgery there would be no weightloss.

Like the rest of us, you will make it through the ups and downs. It's all part of the process. This is for life. And, like so many others, you will achieve your desired weight loss and maintenance. You can and will be successful. :-)

Oh wow we are all like neighbors! Lol. I'm in Throggs Neck. It's great to hear your story MSWDiet. What an inspiration. So if I may ask do you still experience dumping and all of that other stuff associated with the rny?

That's one thing that I am petrified of in addition to the malabsorption. It's a lifestyle change that I am not willing to make and I feel really so sad when I look at people that have no problems eating and I do.

Stephen

thank you so much trust and believe this app has gave me great hope and sure would like that alot i have alot of people around me that i truely want to see me fail and it was not untill i made this choice is when i realized that i am acually on my own this time .

It's my pleasure to help. We are here for you. I commend you on your decision because it is something that I just cannot bring myself to do.

I already have health issues so the gastric bypass is the only thing that my doctors are suggesting. I'm so so petrified.