Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's your favorite protein power? HELP ????

I'm shopping this weekend for my pre-op Protein power and would like to know what's one of the best and most popular among our group here. Thanks everyone for your input... ????

At first I went with the Pure Protein chocolate drinks...not too bad. Now without a doubt my fave is the Syntrax nectar brand- they win the taste test hands down! Some of them are too sweet for me, but the Lemon Tea is my drink now every single day- I highly recommend trying some samples! (I purchase it at the Vitamin Shoppe)

At first I went with the Pure Protein chocolate drinks...not too bad. Now without a doubt my fave is the Syntrax Nectar brand- they win the taste test hands down! Some of them are too sweet for me, but the Lemon Tea is my drink now every single day- I highly recommend trying some samples! (I purchase it at the Vitamin Shoppe)

My favorite of the moment is ChocoRite Protein in Peanut Butter. I love the fact that it is sugar free and still has a great taste. I love peanut butter so this was definitely a great buy for me. It happens to be a bonus that my local Albertson's grocery store carries it and I can get a 1 pound bag for around $11. Of course drinking the same thing every single day can be too much so I have learned to switch it up. I have started to experiment with my shakes. I like to use vanilla Protein Powder from Target (Market Pantry) and mix in 2 tbsp of sugar free Torani Syrup. What is great about those is that there are so many flavors to choose from. I also will sometimes add some PB2 into chocolate EAS protein and have a chocolate peanut butter shake. I think the important thing is to experiment and don't be afraid to try new things! Best of luck :)

Edited by funkecoldmedina

I'm still pre-op but I love the Isopure zero and low carb powders. I get it from Amazon. The vanilla is zero carbs; the chocolate has about 3 g carb per serving - each have 50 gm Protein in 2 scoops which I add to a cup of plain or unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I also usually throw in a handful of spinach and can't even taste it.

They also have Cookies n creme (didn't like it), banana and strawberry - OK but I mostly stick wtih van and choc.

I like unjury. My favorite is chocolate Splendor. They also have on that tastes like chicken Soup.

I'm liking the Gold Standard whey Protein from costco. It's $60, but it's 90 servings! I got the vanilla and have been adding Torani sugar free syrups to it. This morning I had this with almond milk and black cherry torani Syrup and it's yummy.

I am on my two week prep for surgery and I am falling in love with Atkins Cafe Caramel shake. I also bought some sugar free caramel Syrup and when I add it to any of the vanilla shake powder...it tastes awesome. I am buying some unflavored liquid Protein to add more Protein to the shakes I like for after surgery. There are a lot of different sugar free syrups...I just get sick of fruit flavored and chocolate stuff all the time.

I am on my two week prep for surgery and I am falling in love with Atkins Cafe Caramel Shake. I also bought some sugar free caramel syrup and when I add it to any of the vanilla shake powder...it tastes awesome. I am buying some unflavored Liquid Protein to add more protein to the shakes I like for after surgery. There are a lot of different sugar free syrups...I just get sick of fruit flavored and chocolate stuff all the time.

I am on my two week prep for surgery and I am falling in love with Atkins Cafe Caramel Shake. I also bought some sugar free caramel syrup and when I add it to any of the vanilla shake powder...it tastes awesome. I am buying some unflavored Liquid Protein to add more protein to the shakes I like for after surgery. There are a lot of different sugar free syrups...I just get sick of fruit flavored and chocolate stuff all the time.

I am on my two week prep for surgery and I am falling in love with Atkins Cafe Caramel Shake. I also bought some sugar free caramel syrup and when I add it to any of the vanilla shake powder...it tastes awesome. I am buying some unflavored liquid protein to add more protein to the shakes I like for after surgery. There are a lot of different sugar free syrups...I just get sick of fruit flavored and chocolate stuff all the time.

I've been using whole foods 365 Protein powder for years but I recently tried the Pure Protein Shakes and they are kinda gross. It's like pudding flavored with Splenda with an extra shot of mucus thrown in. I'm NOT a fan! I'm still looking for one that meets my needs and tastes great/has good consistency. There are some sample packs at bariatricpantry.com that I'm thinking about ordering and trying.

I agree I like Syntrax Nectar- several yummy flavors!

I

I'm pre surgery and I love Cryto Muscle Milk in Vanilla and Banana. It taste wonderful. It mix well which means it has great whey isolated.

Sajijoma- have you tried mybariaticpantry.com's Soups? I'm looking for non-sweet sources of Protein for the first few weeks and would love to know how these are.

Sajijoma- have you tried mybariaticpantry.com's Soups? I'm looking for non-sweet sources of Protein for the first few weeks and would love to know how these are.

sorry I just saw this! I haven't tried the soups, but I've heard good things about them. I have a very trained palate(nice way of saying I'm a picky brat LOL) so I have trouble with a lot of mass produced things. I'm thinking of making my own soups and broths closer to time.

I start my liquid pre-op on Tuesday and I too am searching for a good Protein Shake mix. My problem is they all taste way too sweet. My nutritionist gave me samples of Bariatric Advantage shakes. The banana was OK but the caramel latte was so disgustingly sweet I had to split it out and pour it down the drain.

This concerns me because I understand that after surgery, sweet tastes even sweeter and salty tastes saltier.

Has anyone tried whipping up their own concoctions with unflavored Protein?