Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I can finally eat something and I am scared to. I am afraid of hurting myself. I have not had any nausea since I left the hospital. I can drink all my fluids since about 5 days. I can take pretty decent size swallows of liquid, not gulps but but almost normal sized swallows. I have no issues drinking my Protein. I feel pretty normal just with no appetite.

I am afraid I will hurt myself eating by being able to eat too much. I am afraid I will be able to eat too much. I am afraid of making the right choices.

At this point I want to just stick to Protein drinks because the limitation is comforting.

I think it is very common to feel this way when we start to introduce new foods.

The best advice I can give is to take it slowly. Introduce one new food (that is in line with your plan) each day. Eat slowly and see how your system reacts.

As you are able to introduce more foods and have more variety to choose from each day you will become more confident and less fearful.

If a food doesn't agree with you, don't force it. You can always try again later.

If you are worried about eating too much quantity, be sure and measure your portions, eat slowly, and pay attention to how your stomach is feeling. You will start to learn where the tipping point between satisfied and one bite too many is for you.

Are you in the purée or solid foods phase?

My program did not introduce solid foods until the sixth week, so it sounds like you want to do what my surgeon recommends for all his patients. I don't think it will hurt to wait another week before moving on to solids. Treat your new stomach gently!

This is what I can start adding this week. I have been looking forward to fish since I am a big seafood lover. I am going to try an egg with cheese in the morning.

It is more just gear I don't have my food issues under control than anything physical. My sleeve has been pretty solid.

Thanks for the responses, I will try to take it slow.

post-255228-14382313483057_thumb.jpg

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

It wasn't until I started soft foods (like fish) that I started to really feel the sleeve doing its job. I think you will be surprised on how satisfied you will feel on a small amount of food.< /p>

@@Inner Surfer Girl

You are right! I made a soft scrambled egg with a slice of cheddar (next time I will use 1/2 a slice) and I was only able to eat 3/4 of it and I was full.

My issue...and I feel like an idiot saying this....I feel guilty eating anything other than liquids

I had an egg for lunch today, and am debating getting back on the elliptical this afternoon even though I've already lifted weights and run for 45 minutes today

Yesterday I had two "mushy" meals. I feel like I have to run to the scale to make sure I haven't gained weight I had my surgery 7/13 and I'm down 41 pounds from my pre-OP on 6/26. I am scared to death to stall though. I feel....less manly....for being this damn neurotic about this

I also have yet to master taking 12 minutes to eat a single egg. I don't feel badly when I'm done. Just really, really full.

I'm thinking about sticking to my Protein shakes for a bit longer

My issue...and I feel like an idiot saying this....I feel guilty eating anything other than liquids

I had an egg for lunch today, and am debating getting back on the elliptical this afternoon even though I've already lifted weights and run for 45 minutes today

Yesterday I had two "mushy" meals. I feel like I have to run to the scale to make sure I haven't gained weight I had my surgery 7/13 and I'm down 41 pounds from my pre-OP on 6/26. I am scared to death to stall though. I feel....less manly....for being this damn neurotic about this

I also have yet to master taking 12 minutes to eat a single egg. I don't feel badly when I'm done. Just really, really full.

Have you considered talking to a counselor? This sounds so much like dysfunctional eating behavior -- the kind that got many of us to the place where we needed WLS.

No...not yet....I do recognize the neurosis....I'm only almost 3 weeks out from surgery...so I'm still adapting...if I still feel like this when I go back in September it will be discussed

Have you considered talking to a counselor? This sounds so much like dysfunctional eating behavior -- the kind that got many of us to the place where we needed WLS.

I have a low carb crab cake recipe I make. I can't want to make some.

I had the crab stuffed flounder from trader joe's today. I had 1/2 for lunch and half for dinner. It was great.

@@Kevbear

I can relate to some of what you are saying. I know that I have to get on solid food to get back to a normal schedule. I can't live off 300-500 calories a day forever. I will never have enough energy to do anything. Workout or shop. I'm too young to get tired like that.

If you eat slow, you really get full fast off very little. The way I make myself eat slowly is to watch tv or be at the computer. If I am just eating I will eat too fast or I will get bored, my food will get cold and I will just make a shake.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside