Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For anyone who has missed me on these forums the past month or so, I just wanted to let you know that I am alive and well. Real life has been very hectic for me, thus my not being around as much. I had a major deadline at work that had me working feverishly for several weeks, with no real time to keep up with forums and email. Plus, my sister and her four children moved in with us. The room that used to be my home office is now a bedroom for three boys, so I don't have much opportunity to get on my computer at home anymore either. However, things are getting settled down at work now, so I should have a little more time to check in at least once a day and see how everyone is doing. Plus, my sister is in the process of buying a house, so she and the kids will be moving out in mid-September. Hope all are well!

I noticed you hadn't posted in a bit. Glad things are settling down! :-)

I did miss you posting but can now understand why you haven't been !! Wow you have had a ton of stuff on your plate. I really do hope things calm down soon and you get some 'you' time. It's amazing that you took your sister and kid's in. I know family is family but still such a selfless thing to do.

Be kind to yourself :D Hugs

Kate

Glad you're back with us!

Welcome back!! I always love reading your posts. :) :)

Welcome back and yes you have been missed. Glad to hear life is a bit less hectic and hope it stays that way.

Welcome back. Even though it has been so stressful and hectic it is so great to hear that you seem to be living life fully.

It's amazing that you took your sister and kid's in. I know family is family but still such a selfless thing to do.

Be kind to yourself :D Hugs

Kate

Everyone keeps saying this to me, but the REAL saint in all of this has been my husband. I mean, she's MY sister and I obviously wasn't going to let her and her kids be homeless, but Dan has less obligation than I do. Our whole life is pretty much turned upside down by all of this. No privacy, no space, no time, all of our expensive items and furniture being subjected to two and three-year-olds! It's been a real challenge.

You never realize all the little things about your life that you take for granted... like being able to just sit in peace and watch a TV show with adult content! My DVR is overflowing, because hardly any of the shows we watch are child-appropriate, plus even if they were, good luck getting to sit and watch an entire TV show with four kids demanding constant attention!

I've cut back to about three workouts a week, because it's almost impossible to work out with the kids in the house. They want to "work out" with me, which means either nearly killing themselves or climbing on my treadmill and exercise bike as if they are jungle gyms. It's pretty nuts. I'm just trying to hang in there, squeeze in workouts when the kids aren't around, and keep my sanity. My house was not intended for small children, so there's also been a lot of child-proofing, figuring out where to put/hide things so they don't get damaged but we still have access to them.... it's complete craziness. I loved my $3600 couches when I bought them, but now they are just a constant source of stress and anxiety every time one of the little ones is climbing on them with a gogurt tube hanging out of their mouth with one of the older kid's big cup of grape koolaid sitting nearby.

Between all the stress of my deadline at work and all the stress of every waking (and some sleeping) moment at home, it's definitely taken a toll on my weight loss efforts. I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either. At this point I'm hoping I can just hang in there and then redouble my weight loss efforts once they've moved out.

Well, Hello, Dolly! For some reason I'm humming that song. :D

Regarding the visiting children - you should go ahead and cover your couches with blankets or sheets until the kids leave. It won't be pretty, but it will save your sanity.

Also, ask your sister to intervene when the children disturb your workouts. It's perfectly reasonable for you to be able to have some time to yourself while they are there.

Happy you are back. Not too much longer and you will have the house to yourselves again. Who knew life could be so hectic,and yet everyone is still surviving!

I definitely have new respect for parents of young children who are trying to lose weight/exercise or really just do anything to better themselves. How you find the time and energy is beyond me!

Ah, real life!

It's a bitch.

But it's real. :)

I was JUST thinking about you yesterday and ready to message you!

Hang in there! I think the fact that you haven't gained during this trying time is awesome. Just work on maintaining for now, and then get back to weight loss mode after things settle down for you.

We missed you!