Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've got this..... 1 week away!

Its official, I am 1 week away from beginning my new life! Actually, I should tell myself I began my new life 1 week ago, when I started my pre-op diet. After all, thats the start of training my body to accept these new habits, right? Thats the true beginning!

I am so close, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can feel the confidence starting to emerge with every pound that melts off of me. I can also feel the nervousness setting in. Its been such a long process of trying to get to this point that I was never sure it would actually happen. So now I'm trying to picture myself in the hospital, going back for surgery and in my room post-op... just to try to make it a bit more real.

My mother is flying in to help with my daughter for about a week, I am so greatful she is being so supportive of my decision. I'm not sure I would be this prepared if she wasnt behind me 100%. I know she is worried about me doing something so drastic and I'm sure she will shed a few tears when I finally am rolled away to the OR. But I need her to be strong...so i dont break down too lol.

I am day 8 on the liquid diet and while I have had a couple small slip ups, I'm trying my hardest to remain on track. It is a tough journey thats for sure! But one I know I can handle. I remind myself that I've dropped 7 lbs so far, more then I ever have in such a short amount of time. I thought I would be hungrier during the day, but I feel absolutly fine. I've had alot of coworkers offer me Snacks and Desserts from retirement parties etc at work and I've said no thank you each time. Its getting easier and easier to turn it down. It's when I'm home that I have the hardest time. I try to keep busy and not watch all the delicious food commercials on tv but the head hunger is still there! I will beat it eventually. I'VE GOT THIS!

Thank you, friends, for letting me ramble!

Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers that everything goes smoothly next Wednesday!

Good Luck! I am right there with you. My emotions are all over the place these days. I start my pre-op liquid diet tomorrow, so we will see how that goes. My surgery is scheduled for next Thursday, so we will be right there together on our journey next week.

Good vibes your way!!!

Congratulations, not long to go!! Well done as well for sticking to the pre op diet too. I thought I would be sick of Protein shakes but still like them lol.

Hugs and best wishes for a safe op and speedy recovery.

Kate

That is fantastic! Congratulations and please keep us updated on your progress. I am sure you will do an amazing job, and I am sure you will really enjoy your new lifestyle!!