Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need HI protein low carb ideas

I have noticed lately that my carb count is high even when I try to make wise Protein choices. My diet consists of Protein shakes, greek yogurt and cottage cheese. I need to move away from these, at least in part. I am not good at cooking... I hate it. I am on a mission this evening to shop for quick go-to protein items that are low in carbs. As a band-to-sleeve revision, my weight loss is much slower than my roommates (went to Mexico on same date). Also, I have hypothyroidism and I just want to ensure success! I am down 32lbs in 3 months and have 45 to go to goal. Suggestions please!! :)

1. lean meat

2. more lean meat

3. even more lean meat

4. eggs

Get those packets of flavored tuna, you can eat them straight out of the pouch. Do you have a Trader Joe's near you? They sell cooked, seasoned chicken breast strips of all varieties, like lemon pepper, teriyaki, chili lime, etc. You can just chop some up and put it in a baggie. You don't even need to refrigerate it if you are eating it on the same day. They also sell seasoned and cooked roast beef, pork shoulder, etc. They have great varieties of Jerky, like sweet & spicy buffalo Jerky. If you are willing to shop online, check out the Ostrim jerky sticks on Amazon -- they have sampler packs of all sorts of interesting jerky sticks, like habanero elk jerky or bbq ostrich jerky.

You can buy pre-cooked hardboiled eggs from Trader Joe's, they make a great snack.< /p>

If you like different kinds of fish, the little cans of sardines are portable, come in many varieties, and are great sources of Protein and all sorts of nutrients (Omega oils for your heart, Calcium, Iron, etc.).

Good luck!

Jerky is my savior.... turkey, pork, tuna, beef. I like all of them.

Also - just got into smoked fish (smoked salmon or tuna).

My favorite snack is a slice of extra thin low fat cheese (my favorite brand is extra sharp cheddar from Lucerne) with two slices of deli meat. Then roll them up and you have a Protein burrito (that is what we call them at my house). Two of these plus slices of cucumber and i am set for lunch!.

Also - I get the precooked chicken breast from trader joes or safeway (my local grocery store). Here is a link to the one at Trader Joes - http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article/1745.%C2'> These are in the deli section and I just slice them up with small pieces of fruit like a nectarine.

Hope this helps.

My quickie go to's:

Cubed cheese

tuna

eggs

When I want a little crunch- Pork rinds

chicken Breasts (I roast a couple in the oven and then use for meals)

I got to the point of not liking Protein "shakes" so I went to Syntrax nectar. I usually drink one at some point during the day to break the Water blah!

I don't rely on those to get my Protein in but when on the go, they are quick to grab and lower carb.

These are good ideas. I've been running like a fiend, trying to train for 1/2 marathon in November, finally got to the point where I can run 5 miles. That is huge for me. But I'm not losing any weight as a matter of fact I've probably gained 5 lbs. Sooooooooo discouraging to be in my best shape, but not best weight. After spending some time reading here, I realize it is most likely because I've been subtly adding extra calories in the form of easy to eat slider foods, the crunchy salty variety and not eating enought Protein. Sneaky, how old habits will sabatoge your progress, no matter how hard you are working. Will try actively avoiding carbs, pack more high Protein Snacks in my lunch bag, perhaps then the scale will more match my work outs. Thanks again to all the folks here that post and offer advice.

s

Any other ideas ....??? I am in need of high Protein high Fiber low carb things to get, not just the same ol same ol stuff..

any other people have anything? love to hear what you eat?

What about soy nuts? I am a crunchy salty fanatic and Pork rinds gross me out!

Roasted chickpeas!

Quest bars

Precooked shrimp w or w/o cocktail sauce

Most of my ideas are on here already.

What about soy nuts? I am a crunchy salty fanatic and Pork rinds gross me out!

Running will totally make you snack and add calories, especially if you don't add fuel mindfully. Many people actually gain weight marathon training!

Have you tried the Quest chips? I don't like them but many do. Toast pepperoni slices in the microwave or oven. Make cheese tuiles-- parchment paper on a cookie sheet, pile of cheese, bake till it crisps.

One of my favorite running fuels:

1c dried fruit

1c nuts

1c dates

1tsp vanilla

Throw in food processor till it looks like the inside of a fig newton and roll into balls. Can be frozen. I use them to fuel my long runs instead of gels or gu. Pretty high carb for most sleevers but good running fuel!