Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery was June 3rd and I've lost 30 pounds so far. For the last three weeks I've lost only a pound a week. I'm eating under 700 calories a day and I want to scream WTF! I think if I ate more I'd still lose a pound a week but it's physically effing impossible because my stomach is the size of ????. I didn't sign up for a pound a week. Grrr. Thanks for listening.

At that rate, by this date next year, you will have lost another 52 pounds. :)

True and I'm grateful but I kinda wanted to be at goal by end of November. My bday. I'm 212 I want to be 160 :( thinking of going back to 500 cals a day.

If you go back to 500 you can pretty much bet you won't lose anything. You've put your body in starvation mode. Your matabolism has probably all but stopped. I'd go back and talk with my surgeon/nutritionist if I were you. Starving yourself isn't going to get you the results you desire.

Also it is a combination effort. Eat the calories they ask you to and drink your fluids. Exercise makes a huge difference so get going! Some weeks you will lose less than others and at this point you are still healing. You didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it overnight!

You have got to find a way to eat enough to get in all your Protein and fluids. Believe it or not upping your calories will actually help you lose weight. I would recommend making an appointment with your NUT.

Well if all that's true why did I lose the first 30 pounds when I was eating under 500 calories? Just saying

The initial weight loss when you go extremely low calorie is usually the energy stored in your liver and Water weight. It's why all the fad diets promise you will lose 20-30 pounds in two weeks, etc.

I feel your frustration and I think it would be safe to say that most people get frustrated with it! I see that a lot in posts. I think they have all said it, go see your NUT and ask their advice! That's my advice! Chin up and weight down sounds great to me! ????

You're making me LOL.

You seem to think you've earned a weight loss of greater than one pound a week the last three weeks because you're eating so little. But by your own "logic," you also didn't earn a 30-pound loss the first five weeks post-op. That was "too much" for you to lose, given all the calories you were eating those weeks.

Big protip: Our bodies don't lose weight in a straight line. The scale moves in fits and leaps. It doesn't drop predictably like a car's fuel gauge. It simply doesn't work that way for anyone. The universe isn't picking on you. ;)

Your body is adjusting right now after a huge weight loss, some of which was fluids. It sounds like you've lost 33 pounds (?) in 8 weeks. That's an average weight loss of over 4 pounds a week, which is great.

FYI, I lost 10 pounds the first month post-op and 11 pounds the second month.

Here's the bad news: You're not going to lose 4 pounds a week every week for the rest of your WLS weight losing career. It's going to slow down.

Here's the good news: If you follow your surgeon's instructions and eat what you're supposed to and don't try to get so creative you screw things up you will lose all your excess weight.

Just. Follow. Your. Surgeon's. Directions.

Excellent point and I am doing what my surgeon says :)

Here. Read this. It's the science behind why you lose so fast at first and then the reason it slows down or stalls. Good stuff.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.php

Thx babbs

We had surgery at the same time and, like you, my weight loss has slowed way down this past week. So, what I did last night to perk myself up was graph my weight for the last six months. What I saw was a chart that looked like a sea cliff. It was high for a long time and then suddenly dropped off like a cliff face just at the point where I had my surgery. I reminded myself that I can't loose 1/2 pound a day or more like I did the first two weeks. This slower pace, in the end, will serve me better. My job is to keep active, stick to the program, and get healthy.