Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vitamins made me puke!

I popped a couple Bariatric Advantage Essential Multi's this morning after my Breakfast of plain Greek yogurt. First time taking them post-op.

It wasn't a minute before the nausea started, then I was running to the toilet. I "heaved" for a few minutes but nothing came up, which I thought was weird.

I think I'm okay now.

Wtf? If there's one thing in the world I hate it's nausea and especially vomiting. I doubt I'll have the courage to try that Vitamin again. But I don't have any others...

Maybe try splitting the dose?

I used a liquid multi for the first several weeks after surgery. I took one dose in the morning and one in the evening. You can dilute it with Water, G2, light juice, etc. I never had any problems with liquid vitamins or minerals, but the one time I tried a mineral supplement in pill form I got horrible nausea and foamies, although I didn't actually chuck it up. I was scared to do solid supplements after that too, so I understand where you are coming from.

I used Wellesse brand liquid multi (also used their Calcium and iron) and ordered from Amazon. You could also go somewhere like Vitamin Shoppe or GNC and see what they have on hand. If it takes you a couple of days to get something new on hand, don't worry too much about skipping Vitamins. It takes weeks to develop a serious Vitamin deficiency -- taking a day or two without them won't hurt you. Good luck!

Try gummy vitamins.< /p>

I'm 7 weeks out and had a lot of trouble with bariatric Vitamins. In the hospital, they gave me Flintstone chewables, and they went down much easier. I've been using them ever since. I've tried to go back to bariatric ones, but they still make me gag. Maybe if I tried to chew half at a time it would be better. Anyway, the Flintstone work for me, so that's my go-to for the time being.

Hope this helps. All the best!

I am one year 3 months post op and I struggle with Vitamins.. they make me sick too since the surgery. I finally found a Vitamin that is gentle on my stomach - It's Melaleuca Multi-Vitamin. Keep trying until you can find one that works!

I'm in the same boat. I couldn't tolerate chewable Vitamins at all, so at my 1 month appointment my doctor and NUT approved me moving to capsules. The capsules still make me sick if I'm not careful, but if I spread them out through the day (I take 3/day) and always eat something right after taking them, I'm usually okay.

I do nutrametrix powdered Vitamin and Calcium. So much better than the chewables! I threw those up. In fact, I have four bottles of chewables that I wish I could give away. I mix the nutrametrix with Water and it tastes similar to an orange-y drink, and I get eight ounces of water toward my daily requirement!

YES!!!!I too took only one chewable berry flavor Bariatric Adv . yesterday and it wasn't but 2min later that I chummed it up. I tucked it so far back in my cupboard so not to even see it. Today I had my post op (1 week) and picked up a different brand . I think the name is Celabrate will c tomorrow. I'm not taking it today I'm feeling to good. Lost 14 #,s ????

If I throw it up tomorrow, I think I will try the Nutrametrix, that sounds like a better solution. And these bottles are not Cheap!!

I've heard a lot of people say they're taking Flinstones! Are they okay for Bariatric patients? My NUT made it sound like there were very few Vitamins that met the needs of the bari patient...

You need to know how much of things you need. We need to have 2 multi vits with 18 of Iron and 400 folic acid in the morning, then 500-600 calcium citrate with vit d3 and magnesium 1 with lunch, 1 with dinner.... theres debate about what type of iron we need but I am 8 weeks out and labs are goid and I feel good so far.... plus I am a bleeder during surgery so I thought my iron would be low but its great

Man, they gave me those barbaric advantage Vitamins to try and I didn't like them! Yuck yuck yuck..

Are you taking your vitamins with your Iron by chance? I know most docs recommend irons

As mine did,, if you take iron with vitamins or even Vitamin C, it will make you sick. You have to take at different times,

I'm taking Centrum chewables vitamins, calcium citrate, iron, D3, and B12 sublinguals. I'm thinking of switching to juice plus instead..they taste better. Cause I also don't care for centrum Chews too much..too sweet.