Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am four days post op and feeling okay all things considered but I can't get my fluids in. Like not even close. The more I drink the more the gas hurts and i walk but it doesn't help much and I am doing really horribly with it. Any suggestions?

Three days post op!!! I am getting myself all messed up!

I was sleeved on the 21st and yes it's hard and if I take one sip too many my stomach contracts and I get a sharp pain that lasts a few seconds. Do you have a medicine cup? If not I found mini two oz cups at Walmart that I fill up and sip on for 15 mins.

My surgery was on the 20th and I feel like ill never be able to drink enough Water. Im glad to hear its not just me struggling.

I too am having trouble getting liquids and Protein in. If I sip too much I have horrible indigestion and gas. I'm afraid I am already failing at this. My surgery was 7/16. First issue was staying out of potty and now trying to go.

I dont have a problem peeing its the other one ive been struggling with. Sorry for tmi

No worries at this point I think tmi is out the window!! I also can't tell the difference between my images moving around in my body and the hunger feeling they are both so off and different it's like everything gargles now. Where before I just had the hunger gargle..... Hope that makes sense

No I know exactly what you mean! Its so confusing!

I had my surgery July 23rd and was very worried about having a bowel movement. Once I took a couple sips of my Protein shake(pure protein), I went right away. Give it a shot

I use infant sippy cups.... Measure out my target for 15 minutes and keep it by me... So every time I see it, I take a sip. I learned this trick on my Lapband journey nearly 10 years ago.

I use infant sippy cups.... Measure out my target for 15 minutes and keep it by me... So every time I see it, I take a sip. I learned this trick on my Lapband journey nearly 10 years ago.

Thats a really good idea. I've been using a tervis cup thats 24 ounces and trying to tell myself to finish it before my next meal. Its definitely helping me get closer to my goal each day.

July 21 here and still trying to get in my liquids. My intake was so low after I was discharged from the hospital that my doctor told my husband take me to the ER for an IV drip because what minuscule amounts I'd taken in had not stayed in.

It's been a week now and I still cannot finish a Protein drink or consume much Water. I have been able to get in a few bites of liquid food (Jello, pudding, Apple sauce) at a time, and carry a water bottle with me everywhere in an attempt to get liquids in. I've noticed that each day is getting easier, but still a challenge.

To help with Portion Control I'm using baby spoons. No way would I want the pain associated with too big of a bite!

That is genius!!! Sippy cups! I am on that right away!!! Thanks for the tip!! And baby spoons? Are you already eating food I am on Clear Liquids for another day then I can have some full liquids!

I am on liquids too.... Post op 7/22.... I did get to add Protein Shakes yesterday... But Isopure is my primary Protein source right now.... Tip: green apple and fruit punch are OK... I am scared to try the others.. HA

Smoke some pot. It will help with the pain and nausea. Plus it's just fun anyway. It will give you cotton mouth and you will want to keep drinking Water for the dry mouth. It may sound strange but it helps with my hunger pains too.

For the liquid preop diet I can have SF Jello and pudding, light yogurt, stage 1 baby food, and strained Soups. Plus Protein Drinks.