Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Been on it for five days lost 12 lbs. Today I cheated an had hot wings hope it doesn't effect anything.

Uh, okay?

If you're pre op, who cares. If you're post op, yes it could effect something.

Is that the answer you want?

*Edit*

Just noticed this is the pre op thread. Again, unless it's the day of surgery, who cares.

I didn't even have a pre op diet.

Now I want hot wings ????

I start my liquid diet in 5 days, so obviously can't speak from first hand knowledge, but from speaking with a few friends of mine who have had WLS, one cheat is not the end of the world The object is to get your liver down to a safe size, so just try not to let it become a regular thing

You can do it!

Edited by TXTinana

Well you may or may not croke on the operating table. It's going to be pretty embarrassing when they carve a chicken wing on your tombstone!!! Ha!! Kidding. I'm sure you'll be fine but cut that crap out! And follow the rules like a good little patient!! :) :) :)

How much have you lost during the 6 months prior? I know the reason for the 2 week liquid diet is to reduce the fat on the liver but if you've lost a good bit during the 6 months the chicken wings won't matter but if you haven't, try to keep strong here on out. I'm sure you don't want to get to the "day" and then not be able to go through with it.

At least the wings were protein...you could have eaten cake! lol

It definitely more difficult that it sounds. Focus long term. I know you can do this.

Well you may or may not croke on the operating table. It's going to be pretty embarrassing when they carve a chicken wing on your tombstone!!! Ha!! Kidding. I'm sure you'll be fine but cut that crap out! And follow the rules like a good little patient!! :) :) :)

???????????????????????????? your so funny! I luv u

Now I don't feel so bad about the 4 pcs of bacon I shoved in my face on day 3 of my pre-op. ???? The guilt was unbearable though and I haven't cheated since.

On my pre-op diet chicken wings would have been just fine. Mine was 3-4 oz of Protein and a salad 3 meals a day plus 2 Protein shakes for 2 weeks before surgery.

It will be fine.

The focus should be why is it important to shrink the liver and that should motivate anyone to do their best to follow doctor's orders. One time cheat should be fine just remember everything is planned to promote the best outcomes. Best Wishes to all I start my pre op diet on Monday.

Best Wishes to all I start my pre op diet on Monday.

Me too...me too...gotta remind myself to keep my eye on the prize.

And its gonna be such a Healthy, Energized and Thinner Prize!! I can't wait.

I can't wait either! I used to be such an athletic, outdoorsy person...can't wait to hit the softball field again :D