Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What all did you have to do

Me I have to do 6 months of dr visits to my dr 3 visits for mental health a cardiologist and a upper gi I started this journey in February now it is going on to August I'm still not done I know that it is going to take a while but sometimes I wonder how long I have to drive over 2 hours to se the dr that is going to do my surgery and all my other dr but one and being a mom of 3 boys that takes a lot out of a person

Hi...My insurance requires 3 month supervised visits, psych eval, upper gi, chest x ray, abdomen ultrasound, sleep study, medical clearance from pcp, and attend 1 support group...I started my journey last month and will be done in September so I'm looking at an October date...it's seems like a lot to do but Im hopeful it will be worth it in the end ????

Wow, I didn't have near as much. I had 3 months of supervised visits, a psych eval, a stress test, 1 support group visit, 2 nutrition classes, and routine blood work. It wasn't bad at all.

PCP appointment to request referral, Weight loss management seminar, Intro to bariatric surgery seminar, Pre program labs, One on one consult with head of bariatric program for approval to enter Options program, Completion of 24 weekly Options classes (6 months), 24 weekly weigh in's and food logs (6 months), plus requirement to lose 10% of excess weight (lost more than that), Fitness test, Pre Op Labs, Surgical group seminar, Support group, Psych evaluation, Internist clearance, Surgical consult, Prep appt. day before surgery, and finally, surgery (coming up on 07/29). ????

With the waiting in between steps, it took an entire year to complete.

I just hope that everything works out after I'm done they said they have to resend my request and hope my insurance will approve the surgery

@@bring Keep the hope alive, that's the key to success. I have faith you're going to have a positive outcome. We all deserve a chance at a healthy life! ????

@@bring Keep the hope alive, that's the key to success. I have faith you're going to have a positive outcome. We all deserve a chance at a healthy life! ????

thanks I am trying

For my insurance it's a pretty lengthy process as well....

1) attend a Bariatric class

2) get blood work done for endocrinologist

3) attend appointments with behavioral health and nutritionist ( they determine how many appts I'll need but generally it's 4-6 for each)

4) both the behavioral health and nutritionist will send letters to the endocrinologist stating I'm cleared for surgery

5) set up an appointment with the surgeon for preop evaluation

6) schedule surgery

I took the Bariatric class back in Feb but I wasn't able to schedule appointments with behavioral health and nutritionist until end of May and early June respectively. I've been cleared by behavioral health and should be cleared by nutritionist at the end of September.

Hope that's helpful

I just had to be referred to my surgeon cardio, upper gi, sleep study, endocrinologist, psych eval, and 2 trips to the nutritionist/dietician. Started in February and finished everything in June. Scheduled for my surgery on August 10th

I just had to be referred to my surgeon cardio, upper gi, sleep study, endocrinologist, psych eval, and 2 trips to the nutritionist/dietician. Started in February and finished everything in June. Scheduled for my surgery on August 10th

that is awesome I hope that mine will be soon I am almost done with everything

I had to attend an information session where I filled out a 7 page packet on my weight and diet history. During that session I had to pick the track I was going to attend. I had a body analysis after that (they weighed me and took my picture). The classes were 12 weeks long. During that time, I had to have a psych evaluation, blood sample/stool work, keep daily food logs of everything I ate, meet with the lead bariatric doctor, and lose 10% of my body weight. After the class was over, I had another body analysis and I met with the surgeon where a date was set. I first asked my doctor about bariatric surgery at the end of January and I had the actually surgery the first part of July.

My I insurance didnt require much.. One dietician appointment pysch eval Egd no supervised diet. started process in june 2015 looking to be sleeved middle or late sept.