Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't judge me!

Tonight I went to "Two Step Tuesday" at a local country western bar and took a $2 dance lesson - yes, 2 step which I have never attempted before. Here was the coolest part - I had the courage to go alone and so my partner was the hottest guy in the place... about 6'2", tall, dark, handsome and did I mention...hot! and... he could dance!

Too bad he is closer to my son's age than mine, but It was a fun hour of being in dance frames called stuff like "the cuddle position". I could get used to this.

Know where I will be next Tuesday evening?!? :)

I DO judge you! I judge you to be a gorgeous winner of discipline, humor, compassion and a heck of alot of fun!

Pictures. This thread needs pictures!

That sounds amazing. Which bar was this (if you don't mind my asking)?

You go with your bad self! Sounds like a great use of time to me.

Oh, @@CowgirlJane ... !

Two-stepping is THE BEST. Thirty years ago during the post-Urban Cowboy western dancing craze, I danced myself into a 25-pound weight loss and for a couple of years had a BALL. Yes, those cute, cute boys who are also great dancers are the best.

And it's all (relatively) just good, clean fun. The Western dancing tribe is just that -- a tribe. Yeah, there's a little you-know-what happening in the background. But mostly, it's people who enjoy doing the same thing doing that.

I hope this really catches on for you -- it's a wonderful form of exercise and amazingly fun socialization.

A Washington State cowboy, tight jeans, mmmmmmmm..............need I say more ?

Good for you, it sounds like you had an amazing time!

Sounds like you had a great time!! Glad you enjoyed yourself. Keeping enjoying and living life! :)

No judging...just a hint of envy ;)

Sounds like great fun and good exercise too! Enjoy!

Yeah it was fun!

I hated any kind of county music until about 10 years ago and now i listen to it alot. what I didn't realize is that 2 stepping is actually an easier dance than some others. I am a complete novice at couples dancing. I took swing group class a year ago but hardly learned a thing. I just started salsa and after the first lesson I thought - this is way too hard! After the second lesson I thought - this is hard, but as long as we keep it slow, i can sorta do it...haha. The basic salsa step is easy, it is all those turns and high speeds that are clearly going to take me some time to learn!

The conclusion I am coming to about learning to do actual couples dancing is that you have to be willing to get through the uncomfortable stage - and then it starts to become easier.

What happened last night is the instructor essentially taught us 5 moves and then laced them together. I was feeling like a rockstar until it was set to music - all 5 moves - and I didn't have anyone counting for me..haha! It was a little fast and I had a hard time getting back on beat when I messed up. Even so, that was incredible for me to learn 5 moves in one 2 buck lesson - I think if I do it a few more times I will at least get the basic stuff.

With any kind of luck my young cowboy will be back - although he will probably run the other way and look for someone to partner with who actually has a right foot too. :)

No judging...just a hint of envy ;)

Me too! I may be older and very happily married but I can still appreciate the tingly feeling dancing with a young, handsome two-stepping cowboy....Yay for you. I agree you need to two step on back to that bar. LOL

Okay, I just gotta know.....

How did he smell???

I can just imagine. Mmmmmmm.

Basically, when you learn the turns, they are all the same no matter which dance you're doing. It's either an inside turn, or an outside turn. There are things they add to it to make it more complicated, but again, some of them are interchangeable with all the different dances.

I love couples dancing! We have a very active group here of a USA dance club, which is a nationwide club. Most people are more than willing to help newbies.